What's new

First (true) episode of The Friendly Alliance! Australian MKX podcast!

medleyoz

Noob
Nice work @Cabjoy. Haven't listened to it yet but the pilot was good. As someone new to getting into the FGC (MKX is first game I'd like to get decent at) I've been I guess a bit intimidated to try and actually get into the scene but seeing you guys do this podcast is great. I've got some time off work over Xmas so will put in some effort to level up a bit more and will go to YSB in January. I'm also in Wollongong ( I assume you are too as I replied to a new Sydney player post and was told I should contact you) if you ever want to play some offline games (I'm on PS4)

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Nice work @Cabjoy. Haven't listened to it yet but the pilot was good. As someone new to getting into the FGC (MKX is first game I'd like to get decent at) I've been I guess a bit intimidated to try and actually get into the scene but seeing you guys do this podcast is great. I've got some time off work over Xmas so will put in some effort to level up a bit more and will go to YSB in January. I'm also in Wollongong ( I assume you are too as I replied to a new Sydney player post and was told I should contact you) if you ever want to play some offline games (I'm on PS4)
Good to hear man, glad we could get you keen. Are you a uni student by any chance? There's an fgc at UOW that meets every monday night. It's mainly smash oriented but occasionally mkx is there. If you were able to bring a setup or if I could encourage someone else to, you should definitely come and I can show you the ropes. :)

@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard
@DarthArma

I know you guys all met Googie while he was in the US. If you guys are interested in hearing more about the Australian scene or would be able to share this with other people who would be interested it'd be much appreciated. It's about time we all got to know each other. :)
i love googie! I'm gonna download this and give it a listen once my semester is over. Can't wait

medleyoz

Noob
Good to hear man, glad we could get you keen. Are you a uni student by any chance? There's an fgc at UOW that meets every monday night. It's mainly smash oriented but occasionally mkx is there. If you were able to bring a setup or if I could encourage someone else to, you should definitely come and I can show you the ropes. :)
No I finished UNI at UOW a while ago. If you guys are still meeting up over XMAS I could bring a ps4 and a couple of controllers (don't have a monitor just play on my TV) just PM me the details I could get there.