What's new

Question - Hellfire Fireball Cancel Specific Questions

Hey guys. So recently I made a video tutorial on Liu Kang's fireball cancel and I want to do the same for Scorpion but first I have a few questions.

So, online I notice that people are always poking out of my 214 FBC into 214 pressure presumably because it hits high. Though I realize it could also be because my execution is not tight enough.

My question is, is it always possible to do this even offline because of the high hitting 214? Also, is the best option when you notice that your opponent is poking to use a 50/50 into a combo?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
It is possible online but you are going to have to alter your unputs to account for lag. 214 FBC done perfectly is +18 minimum so they cannot do anything to poke. This is when it's done with a run cancel, if you're just dash cancelling it then they can poke.

If you read a poke your best bet is B1 or B3, 1 is mid and 3 is low, you can either play it safe and go for the strings or be ballsy and commit to a spear to get another combo going.

It is possible online but you are going to have to alter your unputs to account for lag. 214 FBC done perfectly is +18 minimum so they cannot do anything to poke. This is when it's done with a run cancel, if you're just dash cancelling it then they can poke.

If you read a poke your best bet is B1 or B3, 1 is mid and 3 is low, you can either play it safe and go for the strings or be ballsy and commit to a spear to get another combo going.
Ok good to know. So then the culprit is just the online lag or i'm simply not run cancelling quickly enough.

Jedah

Fallen God
I can only seem to run cancel twice during the cancels why is that? it seems theres not enough stamina to do a cancel more than twice...

I don't understand the ending of this then...
Ah.. thought I was responding to my Liu Kang cancel thread not my scorpion one lol (was on my phone typing in the middle of a match). Yeah, it's three. You just have to execute it very tightly or else you will run out of stamina. It takes a lot of practice but can be done pretty consistently. You're gonna have to alter the way you have been doing them most likely.

Also, the reason he went with a d1 is instead of going 214 is because you would be at a huge disadvantage completely unable to cancel due to lack of stamina. So be careful once you do get it down.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
No, 3 is impossible because a FBRC takes half a bar, and you need at least 1 full bar to do it. Watch the video again. The third one is a dash cancel, not a run cancel.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Also you said 214 is an unsafe ender, but 214xxfireball is a blockstring even without the cancel, and is the slightly safer on block than d1 in terms of framedata and push back.

Also you said 214 is an unsafe ender, but 214xxfireball is a blockstring even without the cancel, and is the slightly safer on block than d1 in terms of framedata and push back.
I meant without the dash cancel it leaves me completely stuck if i go for the fireball cancel if stamina runs out thats all

That was before i realizrd he was indeed dashing

Last edited: