What's new

Fight Pad Pain...

Greetings Folks!
So let me first start of saying that I'm completely in love with this damn game!
Ok now to the good stuff...

I've played fighting games (casually) since the days of MK1 and I've always enjoyed the arcade stick. So when MKX came out I knew that I would have to find some type of arcade/fight stick (XboxOne). Seeing that times are hard right now and I really can't afford a $300 fight stick currently , I decided to get the PDP MKX Fight Pad. I Love the design, love the weight of it and definitely love the layout BUT I have one major issue....

Those micro switch buttons are way too sensitive, I mean WAAAAAAAY too sensitive . I have the hardest time typing in my password for Xbox Live , I'd press a button once and it'll type the letter out 6-8 times . When I'm playing MKX I feel like I can't combo consistently because of the multiple inputs that happen when I press a button once. Also I'd perform a move like Sub Zero's ice clone two times in a row but second time an ice ball would come out .

Does anyone have any suggestions ? Should I try to modify the Fight Pad? Are there settings I could change to lessen the sensitivity ? should I save up and get an actual arcade stick ? or should I just suck it up and deal ...?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I got the PDP fight pad and I return it back to Gamestop after a month. I really liked it at first, but soon realized it's cheap and unreliable.

I was looking to see if the Hori fightpad was available on Amazon and it is. So I purchased that and it should be arriving next week. I heard nothing but good things about the Hori Fightpad. I would look into getting one of those man. They cost less than the PDP fightpad.

I will never purchase anything from PDP ever again.

mattnin

Noob
Make your own fight stick like I did. I'm using happ IL and comp buttons. I'm working on my third stick right now and using the PDP pad as the 'brains'. Yea, I'll be taking a brand new $50 controller completely apart, but I've been taking stuff apart since I was five according to my momma. Best thing about my new stick is it will work with One/360.

ruff321

Noob
How hard is it to put in quality buttons? Ok I can ignore that there's no mic port or a touchpad but I expect quality buttons because that's why I'm putting in money for a fightpad. My X and circle button crapped out as well as the right bumper.

fuck you pdp

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm using an xbone pad and I think its great. My only issue is its a little sensitive when I smash left or right, sometimes I'll get a jump, but typically if I'm careful that doesn't happen, which means ultimately, its my fault not the pads.

Have you tried looking at sticks on craigslist or anything? I picked up my Injustice Battle Edition stick for 30$ on cl.