What's new

Question F3 nullifies walking corpse pressure?

Looks like F3 done as grundy gets close to you beats out walking corpse.
Tested it with a handful of the popular opponents (aquaman, green lantern, etc.) and F3 as grundy is about to grab beats it as its after the armor has ran out causing a full combo punish.

Am I missing something or am I now limited to using WC in combos to be safe?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Not only F3...but B3 too and tons of other specials/strings too.
WC and WCC will probably become nearly useless when our opponents will start abusing the throw immune property....NRS should fix this.

EVERY option Grundy has after 112 on block or any other string on block can be countered with MBB3, because it is both throw immune and armored (all of grundy specials are only 1 hit, and the opponent can't get grabbed by trait or WC).

Asodimazze

Doubtful anti-tech. He can cancel the walking corpse, you know.
B3 and F3 are universal grab immune moves....
If u see WC, just hold down 3 and release it at the end of walking corpse animation.
WC whiffs everytime and Grundy gets killed

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
B3 and F3 are universal grab immune moves....
If u see WC, just hold down 3 and release it at the end of walking corpse animation.
WC whiffs everytime and Grundy gets killed
I'm guessing you misread, he can cancel the corpse into other attacks before the grab. As in if you try it, he can just cancel it into another walking corpse and armor through your attempt.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
welcome to injustice, where grundy's main source or pressure is beat by something every character in the game has! he is definitely top tier

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
That move cancels with like no recovery and your B3 will be blown the F up. or they can cancel into another WC and probably blow you up that way.

There is a nice window in WCs where Arrow can actually D3 and get knock down or have the WC miss, but guess what happens if he cancels it. BLAAAAAMOOOO.

Grundy comunity needs to level up, that character is fuckin broken.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
EVERY option Grundy has after 112 on block or any other string on block can be countered with MBB3, because it is both throw immune and armored (all of grundy specials are only 1 hit, and the opponent can't get grabbed by trait or WC).
this is mostly false....
i can only think of a handful of b3/f3 that actually lung far enough to reach grundy after a back dash after 112.... and the ones that can... you just MBf3/b3 them back.

The lord giveth.... and Grundy taketh away.

Asodimazze

this is mostly false....
i can only think of a handful of b3/f3 that actually lung far enough to reach grundy after a back dash after 112.... and the ones that can... you just MBf3/b3 them back.

The lord giveth.... and Grundy taketh away.
That's true, but 112 is combo punishable on block if not cancelled into a safe special, so I don't think it should be considered a good option...in a tournament match are you really going to do that?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is why I've never been afraid to fight Grundy. He's basically a big joke. He gets destroyed by any one with basic zoning tools and a B3. Even with a cancel I see him as low tier.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
That's true, but 112 is combo punishable on block if not cancelled into a safe special, so I don't think it should be considered a good option...in a tournament match are you really going to do that?
Think of it like this. IF you do 112~Swamp Hands (m) you get one hit of armor. I can't poke you.

If you do 112~walking corpse, you get 3 hits of armor I can't poke.

The only thing that blows up all of those options guaranteed is the meter burned b3. That takes 8 frames to startup.

Your -7 after swamp hands. You can backdash.

Basically, if you condition me to start meter burning to blow up that string, you can also blow me up for doing it. It becomes a game of guesses and reads because I can also dash cancel my meter burn B3 and throw you or go into a another string, but then grundy can just MB me to a 50 percent combo.

Grundy has options for every single blowup you throw at him due to his armor and properties. He is a monster of a character.

I am not talking theory either. Murphy and Dai and a couple others do this regularly.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is why I've never been afraid to fight Grundy. He's basically a big joke. He gets destroyed by any one with basic zoning tools and a B3. Even with a cancel I see him as low tier.
Play STB Charlie Murphy

Seriously. Grundy does have a couple bad matchups, but the character is more than capable of getting by 90 percent of the casts zoning.

Asodimazze

I'll do some testings....but at the moment I don't think that the guessing game after 112 is in his favour, and don't see how he can be considered a monster of a character. I love using him but he has some serious problems imho.

That said, since many of you say he is so good maybe the problem is only mine and I still didn't get something about Grundy and how he should be played.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Give me a break this does not need to get "fixed" if f3/b3 are grab immune moves and you are trying to beat out a grab. luls

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
no one mentioned that you can b3..wait for it... get grab immnity and then cancel it into backdash everytime......... if grundy cancels, well so did i into backdash and the situation is reset basically.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
no one mentioned that you can b3..wait for it... get grab immnity and then cancel it into backdash everytime......... if grundy cancels, well so did i into backdash and the situation is reset basically.
Do this on reaction when grundy cancels it into a d2 or 112.