What's new

Tech - Raiden F12b2~ex teleport

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
What's up thunder gods and all other inferior beings? Sorry I this is already known and another thread already but I personally haven't seen anything discussing this so I decided to make an informative thread discussing how it works. I have known this for a while but just never posted anything specific about it. We all know Raiden's f12b2 string in non TG variations has a gap. Well when this string is cancelled in to ex teleport it leaves you at advantage(not very much, but anything plus is good) but not only that, it becomes interesting when your opponent attempts to exploit your gap. In most scenarios, it absorbs the hit with ex teleport armor the leaves your opponent very vulnerable. I have made a list here of reversals it works against. I will let you all figure out each punish yourselves. This list only refers each character's best variation.

Cassie: all except power flip & xray
Dvorah: all reversals
Ermac: all except xray
Erron Black: all reversals
Ferra/Tor: all reversals
Goro: all except shokan slam
Jacqui: all except xray
Jason: all except xray
Jax: all except gotcha extreme
Johnny Cage: all reversals
Kano: all except kano ball & black dragon ball
Kenshi: all except xray
Kitana: all except xray
Kotal Kahn: all reversals
Kung Jin: all reversals
Kung Lao: all except cyclone & xray
Liu Kang: all reversals
Mileena: all reversals
Predator: all except xray
Quan Chi: all reversals
Raiden: all reversals
Reptile: all except slippery slide
Scorpion: all reversals
Shinnok: all reversals
Sonya: all except garrote punish & xray
Sub Zero: all except icy slide
Takeda: all reversals
Tanya: all reversals
Tremor: all reversals

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This is actually really interesting. Does the 34 punish work against most of these reversals? If so, this can actually be pretty useful if your opponent always punishes the F12B2 gap. Still, you have to spend a bar for something that may or may not work, which is a bit risky. Still a nice thing to know however, thanks for putting effort into labbing this!

As expected Tempest Lao gets off scot free lol.

BigMilk

This is actually really interesting. Does the 34 punish work against most of these reversals? If so, this can actually be pretty useful if your opponent always punishes the F12B2 gap. Still, you have to spend a bar for something that may or may not work, which is a bit risky. Still a nice thing to know however, thanks for putting effort into labbing this!

As expected Tempest Lao gets off scot free lol.
If you read incorrectly you are still at advantage. Displacer has to use ex teleport offensively and defensively so it's not bad at all. I don't use 34 as a punish but each situation is different but in most cases you get whatever you want. I have a way to punish Lao as well but just one of those MU specific things I spoke of.

DDutchguy

If you read incorrectly you are still at advantage. Displacer has to use ex teleport offensively and defensively so it's not bad at all. I don't use 34 as a punish but each situation is different but in most cases you get whatever you want. I have a way to punish Lao as well but just one of those MU specific things I spoke of.
I always go for 34 as a punisher (relatively fast and leads to great meterless damage), so in my case there is the risk that you get poked out of standing 3 since it's a high. Good thing is that you're only -3 if you get blocked.
But yeah, even if you make the wrong read you're not at that much risk I suppose, though if you do the punish (in my case 34) on the read you just spent a bar to be -3 and do a little bit of chip. And if you block after you do your F12B2xxEX-teleport you're not doing anything with your advantage.

BigMilk

I always go for 34 as a punisher (relatively fast and leads to great meterless damage), so in my case there is the risk that you get poked out of standing 3 since it's a high. Good thing is that you're only -3 if you get blocked.
But yeah, even if you make the wrong read you're not at that much risk I suppose, though if you do the punish (in my case 34) on the read you just spent a bar to be -3 and do a little bit of chip. And if you block after you do your F12B2xxEX-teleport you're not doing anything with your advantage.
You have time to react accordingly. If you see they used armor punish, if not pressure.

DDutchguy

You have time to react accordingly. If you see they used armor punish, if not pressure.
Nice, that's what I was worried about. If that's the case then this is a viable option against people who often punish your gap.

BigMilk

Nice, that's what I was worried about. If that's the case then this is a viable option against people who often punish your gap.
Yea, it forces their hand because you get more respect from f12, as well as pressure afterward.