What's new

EVO 2015: It goes without saying, but EvilMrWizard asking for game line-up input

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since it's getting to that time of year where the Evolution Championship Series game line-up is revealed I decided to check up on EvilMrWizard via twitter to see if anything was going on. I found out that there is, and that is some input needed from the community as for which games people want to see at EVO 2015. I'll keep my own opinion to myself for this post, but now is the time to express yourself to EvilMrWizard on twitter (follow him!).

Considering how strong the NetherRealm Studios' community has gotten, I don't see how it's possible not to include certain titles. Considering also, the fact that EVO has been an irreplaceable part of our scene's growth. The Mortal Kombat 9 tournament numbers for EVO 2011 was over 500, if I recall correctly. What kinds of numbers do you think MKX would bring for EVO 2015 (if it makes the kut) ? It's time to test your...

evogames15.png

Source: @EvilMrWizard

Attachments

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't trust Mr.Wizard, I'm sure the Evo guys will give the spots to those publishers that are willing to pay them more.

Killusion

Stream addict
Killer Instinct
Injustice
Mortal Kombat X
Ultra Street Fighter 4
UMVC3
Guilty Gear Xrd
Smash Melee
Smash Wii U

JAP

Combo maker
1) MKX
2) Injustice
3) MK9
4) MK2
5) UMK3
6) MK1 (confirmed EVO champ James MK).
7) MK vs. DC (confirmed EVO champ Tom Brady)

Seriously though, hasn't Mr Wizard already decided on what games are probably going to make the cut in the back of his mind?
M.KEVO 2015?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
1) MKX
2) Injustice
3) MK9
4) MK2
5) UMK3

Seriously though, hasn't Mr Wizard already decided on what games are probably going to make the cut in the back of his mind?
You forgot Deception (which @General M2Dave is a shoe in to win with Dairou's TSD abuse).

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
1) MKX
2) Injustice
3) MK9
4) MK2
5) UMK3

I would have to disagree on one thing. If this game was to make the cut, there's no player on earth that could beat my younger brother on MKvsDC :D
Sadly, this would just be a dream that would never be realized...

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
I feel MKX is going to be bigger the Street Fighter... I just have this crazy feeling
anywho......

UltraSF4 and UMVC3 (duh), MKX, Guilty Gear Xrd, Smash 4, AND SKULLGIRLS PLEASE!!!!!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My predicted lineup in order of # of entrants:
USF4
Mahvel
Smash(4 or melee, idk which)
MKX
Guilty Gear(this is the new anime game right?)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Injustice

I am going to be wrong probably

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Off-topic considering this site's focus, but is anyone cheering for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax to beat out Guilty Gear for the EVO spot?
Ultiamx has more characters, more balance, and more hype as of right now, with those slick shadow combos.
Being released between Blazblue CP which made EVO last year, and before Guilty Gear, kind of doomed Ultimax in the EVO cycle.

haketh

Noob
Off-topic considering this site's focus, but is anyone cheering for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax to beat out Guilty Gear for the EVO spot?
Ultiamx has more characters, more balance, and more hype as of right now, with those slick shadow combos.
Being released between Blazblue CP which made EVO last year, and before Guilty Gear, kind of doomed Ultimax in the EVO cycle.
Ultimax is not more balanced than XRD. Honestly I'm hoping all three of BB, GG, & P4 make it because the Japanese players enjoyed being here so much so many of them plan on coming out if BB & P4 make it into the lineup. Yume was going nuts with a list of about 25 players for P4 alone that are coming if P4 makes it in.