What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Ermac Ermac VS Mileena MU... WTF??!?!?!

Can somebody please compare the damage output, and differences in hit boxes of these two characters?
Ive been playing against a friend who is using her. I feel like im always beating the #%$^# out of her, and when she hits me with two or three punches, she suddenly has me a half health.
It feels like i have to win 2 rounds in 1, to beat a round. This situation is driving me insane. Maybe im mistaken, and i just suck balls. But i feel i can play A LOT better than him. he always uses the same moves, the same telekick at the same time, so predictable. I always punish him for it...but when i look at the health bar, supposedly he's winning.
SO FRUSTRATING.
Please help with info and tips against her.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
any moves that hit low are your friend against mileena, it shuts down a bunch of her offense and forces her to think a bit.

Wigy

There it is...
I do hate ranked 1v1's against mileena cause its the kind of character where you need to get a feel for the person you're playing.
In long sets though? Abuse how punishable everything is and how terrible her pokes are. She has higher damage for a reason. Ermac has better pokes, breakers a vortex and wins on projectile trade on MOS.

If you upload some footage folks can give u feedback that could help your game.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
FTR raw uppercuts completely shut down rolls, idk how often your buddy tries to land a luck roll but the uppercuts work wonders stuffing it.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Ermac has a pretty reasonable damage output too..

Maybe your buddy isn't as bad as you think if he is hitting you with Mileenas very unsafe but damaging mix ups?

Either that or your punishes are weak.

CliffP

Noob
Without video, it sounds like you're just not blocking, Mileena is a very easy character to block for the most part and you can beat her all day with pokes.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you block two telekicks/rolls= 80% of Mileena's life gone. Probably your punishes are weak. You can check her movements with d3 when at sweep range, plus the fact (that is if you play MoS), you can win the projectile war if you trade with her. I dont find that MU to be that hard, you just need to be careful and patient. And ofc, dont get hit by yolo stuff.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Sounds like you're just getting caught by her overhead starter a lot since that's where her big damage bnb's come from. It's slow enough that you should see it coming most of the time.

Hello all, Thanks for the feedback. I am using MoS.
I hear all of you. I have no problem with the roll (he gets an uppercut every time, and stops using it). I dont have issues blocking him either, as he is very predictable. I think mainly, as most of you say, my punishment against him is very weak.

For me, Mileena is very fast. Everytime i block her high with a telekick or a jik, she falls right away, and either pokes me with a low kick (Even before my Ermac is done with the motion of coming out of the block), or she blocks. This is why i have resorted to grab throw her every time she attempts it (as its the fastest thing i can do, without missing the opportunity of a punishment). I can also poke her back with d1 or d3. But since her damage is that high, she wins the health bar race, because even when i block her attacks, my health lowers more than usual.

Therefore, what would u say is the best and quickest (so i dont miss out), punishment i should use to retaliate and be up par with her Damage. (Remember im new at this, so treat me well).

Wigy

There it is...
I hear all of you. I have no problem with the roll (he gets an uppercut every time, and stops using it). I dont have issues blocking him either, as he is very predictable. I think mainly, as most of you say, my punishment against him is very weak.

For me, Mileena is very fast. Everytime i block her high with a telekick or a jik, she falls right away, and either pokes me with a low kick (Even before my Ermac is done with the motion of coming out of the block), or she blocks. This is why i have resorted to grab throw her every time she attempts it (as its the fastest thing i can do, without missing the opportunity of a punishment). I can also poke her back with d1 or d3. But since her damage is that high, she wins the health bar race, because even when i block her attacks, my health lowers more than usual.

Therefore, what would u say is the best and quickest (so i dont miss out), punishment i should use to retaliate and be up par with her Damage. (Remember im new at this, so treat me well).
Don't play ermac but pretty sure 222 soul toss would do the job fine

Afumba

Noob

You can punish telekick with basically anything. I guess you are not able to get the punish out cuz you input it too soon.
If you want to go the safest route than use 222 SoulBall. even if you input it too early you get 22 SoulBall. But f4, f21d2, b3 work too.

Same for her roll... its even way easier.

So stop punishing roll/telekick with uppercut/throw and you will see that he is the one loosing the health race.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Her overhead starter (F3) is 33 frames. 21U4 is an overhead string that is -5 on block, but if you make a read on it, you can use armor to reverse the string before U4 hits. You can hit her out of F3 fairly easy if you're familiar with the move.

Ermac beats her in damage. Mileena gets averages like 34 to 38% without meter, while Ermac can get 37 to 40% without meter. You just have to learn to get the best damage potential.

She's also very high risk/reward, meaning that if you block & punish, she's going to lose a lot of life.

However, B12 isn't unsafe. Neither are B21, or B22. These can be option selected too.Those 3, 123, F12B+4,124, d3, & d4 are her safest options. She'll use F23 too against characters who do have anything less than 7 frames to punish it.

Her oki is good after she lands a knockdown with F12, F12B4, B12, 3, Ball roll, & telekick (I wouldn't use this, 3 or ball roll. Too risky. It's just an option, but telekick is just for positioning after they backdash; that's what B12 is for though).

I haven't played a lot of Ermacs' but this is all of the stuff that I broke down in the lab. I will say that she'll have to make really good reads against him & be patient, though.

Last edited:
You can punish telekick with basically anything. I guess you are not able to get the punish out cuz you input it too soon.
If you want to go the safest route than use 222 SoulBall. even if you input it too early you get 22 SoulBall. But f4, f21d2, b3 work too.

Same for her roll... its even way easier.

So stop punishing roll/telekick with uppercut/throw and you will see that he is the one loosing the health race.
But she is able to block 222 right after telekick. She can also d1 right away stopping you from it. Her reaction time is ridiculous (dont know the frame data of it though).
Either way, I will get into the lab and make her telekick and block right away to try out your suggestions.
Thanks.
Any other ideas? is f2id2 efective in that scenario?

CliffP

Noob
But she is able to block 222 right after telekick. She can also d1 right away stopping you from it. Her reaction time is ridiculous (dont know the frame data of it though).
Either way, I will get into the lab and make her telekick and block right away to try out your suggestions.
Thanks.
It's definitely not safe, if you can't punish it when you practice, then pick Mileena and set the training dummy to a ~9 frame reversal move and try tele-kick. That's the best way to be sure of things that punish.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Ermac is more damaging. Maybe you aren't using optimal combos to punish? Just block low and stand block. Stops all her options unless he does her slow f3 which is reactable.

Afumba

Noob
Thanks.
Friend she is free after you blocked the telekick... its party time and you just have to choose the way you want to receive your present.

222, f21d2, b3, f4, tkl, b12, f3, SoulBall, Soulburst, throw, d1, d3, xray
Its possible to land all these before she can block after you blocked her telekick. Ofc several of these make no sense for punish. Cmon now... a raw SoulBall can hit her.

Besides that i dont think she can hit you with d1 after you blocked her telekick. She land stoo far away for it to land. Not that it matters, cuz you can punish her before she will have the chance to get it out anyways.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Block low, punish stuff with those 35%+ combos. Slowing down the pace always gets me wins vs Mileena, she relies on you hanging yourself.

Friend she is free after you blocked the telekick... its party time and you just have to choose the way you want to receive your present.

222, f21d2, b3, f4, tkl, b12, f3, SoulBall, Soulburst, throw, d1, d3, xray
Its possible to land all these before she can block after you blocked her telekick. Ofc several of these make no sense for punish. Cmon now... a raw SoulBall can hit her.

Besides that i dont think she can hit you with d1 after you blocked her telekick. She land stoo far away for it to land. Not that it matters, cuz you can punish her before she will have the chance to get it out anyways.
Thanks... I'll try it out.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Thanks... I'll try it out.
Although I am "new" to mileena, she seems to be heavily reliant on her high damage output, and pressure. If you can keep her away and block the rolls and tele's, work on your punishing and atleast go for 28%+. Go into training mode with Ermac vs Mileena and set her to do some tele's on you, work out which punish is the best for the situation, and get to where you do it on reaction to blocking the move. :) good luck!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Follow the advice that has been posted and you should have more success. When you start full combo punishing telekick and rolls you will probably find the match up bearable. Your issue with being unable to punish telekick on block sounds like a timing issue as she is super unsafe on block. It might become a little tricky if she throws out an air sai afterwards but if she doesn't you can go to town.

I'm surprised that d1 would hit after a blocked telekick though as that move has terrible range, would have thought it would whiff