What's new

Equivalents in other games of the genre

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This idea sprung up initially because (a) Im looking to maybe get at least somewhat seriously into a couple other games of the genre and (b) I wanted to see what chars would be the best to transition to from my main Kitana, alt Ermac, and backup skarlet.

Then I realized I could just make an identical thread for all the character forums so that ppl could chime in on which chars are similar to play as in other games (or are "parallels")compared to a certain char and what not.

So this is for the sake of advice to those transitioning from the char to another game, and for the sake of just sparking some hopefully interesting discussion on character likenesses across different titles.

Just to clarify, an example might be: Sheeva is to MK what Tager is BBCS2, or ZZangief in SF...etc and then of course expand on why you think so.

Obviously whatever character forum this thread is in will be the character being likened/compared to others from other games.

Discuss.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Pokes and Pressure - Order Sol (Guilty Gear)
Anti-Air and Combos - Axl Low (Guilty Gear) [Especially the versions that have a vacuum effect]

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Yea Sol makes sense. Their main overheads look very similar in animationand even their lows are the same right? Im assuming both parallels on Sol's side can combo. Im played a bit of Guilty but never really studied or anything so Im kinda grasping here. His regular and EX TP's remind me a little of Sol's "cartwheel leg" or whatever for some reason.

Can u expand on Axl, I know there's some chain moves that remind of spear but what else with respect to combos and anti airs?

Also, back to Sol, there's also the parallel that their both easier (relative to their games) to pick up, and you see noobs going with them all the time, but those that play them seriously really keep the opp guessing and the 50/50 nature of their style of play becomes very utilized.

I know I keep talking about regular Sol pretty much but just stating those similarities. To be honest Idk much about Order Sol particularly.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
You pretty much hit HOS on the head. Basically, both Scorpion and HOS have limited mix-up options, but can apply pressure fairly easily and have good close-range pokes, enabling you to condition the opponent and see what their reaction will be before you go psycho mix-up on them. It also helps that Scorp's 1,1,1 is similar to Blockhead Buster, and Gunblaze is like a combination of Hellfire and Teleport, in that it crosses the opponent up and summons a pillar of flames, though Gunblaze is blockable and doesn't track. There's also the fact that both Order Sol and Scorpion have a lot better specials with more meter, though the enhanced/charged specials aren't really needed for combos.

As for Axl Low, . . . mainly just the Spear/Kusari-gama comparison. Though Scorpion has an air-game comparable to Axl, Ky, and SF's Dhalsim with lots of anti-air options that with enough good timing on your part and bad timing on your opponents part, could hit an opponent anywhere on the screen if they are in the air for good damage.

im gonna say Wesker from MvC3. Just because of the fact that Wesker's BnB ends putting the opponent in a mixup which if they guess wrong, leads right back into the BnB and back to the mixup. Scorpion has the same exact thing with his safe jump into B2 (overhead) or F4 (low) leading into his BnB which ends in a safe jump