What's new

EMP KDZ wins Jamaica's 1st Annual Cyberbox eSports League: All Star Games: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
^^^
**That title though** lol

Saturday March 14, 2015 was a night to remember in Jamaica. Esports is on the rise in our small country and this was the night to prove what you were worth.Injustice was one of the games featured on this night and it had a 6 man double elimination tournament.

Highlights:

KDZ flew in for the weekend to support the ALL STAR GAMES event ( WooHOO Thats awesome bro ..Thanks for coming.)

Winners Finals - EMP| KDZ (WW/Superman) vs CGE| Jaiyson X (Catwoman/ Lex Luthor)

After a 2-0 lead by EMP KDZ's Wonderwoman, CGE| Jaiyson X manage to snatch a victory with Mr. Lexington Luthor. However, KDZ comfortably switched to his main boy Superman and took out JaiysonX Lex Luthor sending him to the loser bracket.

Grand Finals: EMP| KDZ (Doomsday/Superman/WW/ Aquaman) vs CGE| Jaiyson X (Catwoman/Sinestro)

The first match was between KDZ Doomsday and Jaiyson X Catwoman and it went to KDZ but with a stage switch JaiysonX fought back and won the second match with Selina Kyle's 16 bit special unclashable F3 bounce cancel. KDZ then switch characters and chose Wonderwoman and then took a 2-1 lead. Jaiyson X then went for Mr. Fear himself, Sinestro and fought back and tied it a 2-2. It came down to this-the match to reset the bracket or to declare KDZ the winner. The match between EMP KDZ Aquaman vs JaiysonX Sinestro. Aquaman stood no chance as Sinestro unleashed his wrath and reset the bracket.

With the scores now back at 0-0 . The momentum was with Jaiyson X as he comfortably got rid of KDZ's
Doomsday and Superman. But with careful deliberation at the character select screen KDZ was torn between Superman AND Wonderwoman but ended up choosing Superman for what most likely could be his last match of the tournament. The 2-0 lead by Jaiyson X went downhill as KDZ's Superman manage to snap two consecutive victories against Jaiyson X's Sinestro.

The score is now 2-2 in Grand Finals: The final match KDZ Superman vs JaiysonX Catwoman. It came down to a nail biting, heart crunching last match between KDZ and JaiysonX. KDZ however manage to snap the win with his Superman who took out Jaiyson X Catwoman who was punished for a jump back with Superman's straight laser.

Congratulations to EMP| KDZ....

Here are the results:

1. EMP| KDZ - ( Superman, Wonderwoman, Doomsday, Aquaman)

2. CGE| Jaiyson X - (Catwoman, Sinestro, Lex Luthor)

3. EMP| GrandMarshall - ( Nightwing, Catwoman)

4. CRN | Stephen "50 Bamma" Heholt

5th place tie: Schottky (Aquaman) & TGN | Jahdean (Sinestro)

Brackets: http://challonge.com/CEL_ASG_INJ

Here is a preview of the Grand Finals after the brackets were reset and scores were 0 -0.

I will post more footage once they are uploaded.

@Juggs @RM JagoBlake @STORMS

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Nice man, my dads family is from Jamaica. It would be awesome to go there and play with the scene there!
Now is an awesome time to visit. Alot going on with Esports. and we have upcoming tournaments and clan tournament that will span over several months for different genre of games..

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
@Pig Of The Hut or @DarthArma I really do look up to you guys but PLEASE LISTEN .. Jamaica's Esports scene is not affiliated in any way with what took place in St. Maarten at VXG nor was this tournament a rehap of what happened there. I said before EMP or Triforce has been helping the E-sports scene here in Jamaica and he has been doing a great job so far. We have different TO here in Jamaica who are working assiduously to make our scene grow..

@Pig Of The Hut or @DarthArma I really do look up to you guys but PLEASE LISTEN .. Jamaica's Esports scene is not affiliated in any way with what took place in St. Maarten at VXG nor was this tournament a rehap of what happened there. I said before EMP or Triforce has been helping the E-sports scene here in Jamaica and he has been doing a great job so far. We have different TO here in Jamaica who are working assiduously to make our scene grow..
You don't have to tell me that. I'm glad things are happening for your down there. I know this event also had League of legends present which is def a step into the right direction in terms of making E-sports a thing in a smaller country.

There's no point in arguing what did, or did not happen at VXG here. Are you going to be attending that this year? Getting there seems alot easier for you than it does for us. Is a plane ticket expensive?