What's new

ECT 2015 - Next Weekend's Event Schedule is now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The folks behind the scenes of East Coast Throwdown 2015 have recently posted the tournament schedule for next weekend's North East event. LI Joe and Nicky4Eyes will be running this event and remember that once again, Mortal Kombat X is the premiere game! The finals for Mortal Kombat X will be the last finals to go on Sunday. Below is a message the ECT staff recently posted on Facebook:

In case you've missed it, the schedules for ‪#‎ECT2015‬ are up!
If you missed out on Pre-Registration, Registration at door begins Saturday @ 8AM and ends at 11AM!
Also make sure to check in at the door if you have Pre-Registered!
See you all soon!

etc152.jpg ect151.jpg

Source: http://ecthrowdown.com/ & https://twitter.com/ecthrowdown
TestYourMight ECT Discussion: http://testyourmight.com/threads/jun-13-2015-east-coast-throwdown-2015-1-500-pot-bonus-for-mkx-morristown-new-jersey.53080/

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Damn....10pm. Which probably means closer to 11pm. It's really awesome that MKX is the main event, but I need to work on Monday, son.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Damn....10pm. Which probably means closer to 11pm. It's really awesome that MKX is the main event, but I need to work on Monday, son.
Yea, plus if Top 8 is 3 out of 5 for all matches, it's gonna be a loooong series. Combo Breaker Top 8 was brutal to watch, it was like 2.5 hours of intense and stressful matches. After about 1.5 hours I just wanted it to be over. TOs really need to start taking viewers into account more seriously.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
We're closing the event, we've had 3 out of 5 for top 8s like we've asked for since the mk9 days... and people are complaining. Slow clap...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yea, plus if Top 8 is 3 out of 5 for all matches, it's gonna be a loooong series. Combo Breaker Top 8 was brutal to watch, it was like 2.5 hours of intense and stressful matches. After about 1.5 hours I just wanted it to be over. TOs really need to start taking viewers into account more seriously.
3 out of 5 is great for MKX. The matches are so fast. I never find MKX brutal to watch, I just won't be able to stay awake until 1am or later for this to finish unless I want to be useless at work the next day.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As a viewer who has to work on Monday...can we go back to MKX not being the headliner? :tonyt
This is so true, I had to leave TCW early because of work Monday, and was thinking "of course, NRS games are finally the last streamed game and I want it to be like the old days, 10 am top 8's ftw".

To be clear, I'm not complaining, it's just ironic.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
3 out
3 out of 5 is great for MKX. The matches are so fast. I never find MKX brutal to watch, I just won't be able to stay awake until 1am or later for this to finish unless I want to be useless at work the next day.
3 out of 5 is fine for Loser's, Winner's, and Grand Finals, but for all Top 8 matches it's too much. 2.5-3 hours is too big of an investment of time for a lot of people to sit there and watch. I guess I could log in for the last hour only, but then I am missing out on some great matches. Just my 2 cents.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
3 out

3 out of 5 is fine for Loser's, Winner's, and Grand Finals, but for all Top 8 matches it's too much. 2.5-3 hours is too big of an investment of time for a lot of people to sit there and watch. I guess I could log in for the last hour only, but then I am missing out on some great matches. Just my 2 cents.
The investment was made by the players, who have put money down to travel and participate in these events in order to win that fight money. They have more of a say on how long tournament sets should be. You as a stream viewer should not have any say on how long tournament sets should be. Especially if your reason for shorter sets, is related to how much free time you have available to watch.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Amazing how much good MKX content has come out and this game isnt even 2 months old

Now they just need to fix online and ill give NRS my firstborn

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
The investment was made by the players, who have put money down to travel and participate in these events in order to win that fight money. They have more of a say on how long tournament sets should be. You as a stream viewer should not have any say on how long tournament sets should be. Especially if your reason for shorter sets, is related to how much free time you have available to watch.
Thank you! Well put good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.