What's new

Tech Doomsday Corner Combo Tech

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So i found a new combo that will make crossing people up into the corner less bothersome and also make the mindgames in the corner get that much more interesting.

So as of now crossing over into the corner as doomsday is probably not the greatest of ideas seeing as doomsday takes people to die in the corner. Ill go ahead and list the combo and situations to show you just how good this looks to me.

So if i body splash crossup and it lands, then new combo should be this...

Body Splash 12 EX Earthshaker D2 B3 J3 Anti-Air grab.

This does 38% which is the exact same amount if you were to do J3 23 Shoulder which is the regualr ender and would send them back midscreen. By ending with J3 Anti Air grab you immiediately throw them back into the corner with an untechable knockdown and some good advantage for setups or baits.

This allows you to not have too much fear of losing your corner if you do hit them.
On block the options will have to be explored a little more but i still think this is worth is considering it adds yet another way to do devastating damage with doomsday and throw them right back in the corner.

The best option if they block the body splash (which you will most likely be doing 12 confirm ex earthshaker or 123 or even just 12 regular eartshaker)

123- This is +2 on block and guarantees a just framed d1 unless the opponent backdashes but you will lose all corner advantage you had. You are not close enough to throw them back into the corner after this either. Range is too much. You cann attempt sweep if they respect your +2 and then try to cross over to regain corner advantage on the hard knockdown from sweep.

12 Earthshaker- On knockdown this will grant you a chance at regaining your corner control but it is not guaranteed. On block the opponent will most likely get away but you are doomsday and you will get back in. Just have to ask yourself "who am i playing against and do i care if i have to chase them again" never say yes to this against Black Adam, Superman, Sinestro, or other typical runaway/zoner types.

So anyways this is my tech. It allows you to cross up into the corner and create ambiguous situations and do a 38% combo and then throw them right back into the death trap instead of having to play the midscreen game and burn that precious bar just to put them back in the corner.

Like i said before, i only truly recommend this against characters that wont brutally punish you for letting them out of the corner. If its going to be risky, just keep them in the corner and do what you can while you have them there.

*This can also be used midscreen to swap sides for the same damage as well depending on you position.

SonicBoomBrad can you tag other doomsday's in this? Not sure who really roams these boards yet.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
AK Smarrgasm, Yeah this is known, thnx for posting it though Smar. After a cross up body splash on hit you can also do 2, 2, 1+2 to throw them in the corner again. If they block the body splash you can mix it up from there by doing 2, 2, 1+3, or if you expect that they ll interrupt it you can do 2, 2, ES. A better combo though is a cross-up Jid3, 3, ES MB, B3, j3, AS. It deals 41% and they are again in the corner. D2 scales really bad with combos in general, and especially with DD since he already has lower damage than the rest of the cast, although its easier to connect B3 after a D2, thats why it scales that much.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Things like this are going to become extremely helpful as people learn to block d1 earth shaker in the corner, because the hard knockdown air grab gives you allows for the same wake-up reverse that you'd get off an earth shaker. Good stuff Smarr. I still get to use your tech even though we don't play the same character anymore. <3

So if you combine Smarrgasm's and Metzos's post, the optimal corner cross over combo would be:

Body Splash 22 EX Earthshaker D2 B3 J3 Anti-Air grab?

On hit you can go for this and do more damage. On block you can threaten a 221+3 to possibly throw them back into the corner.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
So if you combine Smarrgasm's and Metzos's post, the optimal corner cross over combo would be:

Body Splash 22 EX Earthshaker D2 B3 J3 Anti-Air grab?

On hit you can go for this and do more damage. On block you can threaten a 221+3 to possibly throw them back into the corner.
I actually went into the lab and tested this. Using 22 is a lot more optimal because they're both mids, and you can either confirm into the MB ES, or unblockable grab if they're blocking. Only problem being that the grab is interuptable if they have the right normal. But that can easily be fixed by just doing 22 ES. It makes him feel a lot more like a Street Fighter grappler.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I actually went into the lab and tested this. Using 22 is a lot more optimal because they're both mids, and you can either confirm into the MB ES, or unblockable grab if they're blocking. Only problem being that the grab is interuptable if they have the right normal. But that can easily be fixed by just doing 22 ES. It makes him feel a lot more like a Street Fighter grappler.
Better idea. Use 23 because 22 is ass. I think 23 trait on block is legit so you could just trait and toss them back in the corner or do more shenanigans from there. I realized more today that body splash into 12 isnt that great. 23 i think might work best.