What's new

Dodge rolls for a bar. This changes things.

haketh

Noob
mb forward dash (roll) seems like a great mechanic with how zoning heavy the first game was they seem to be addressing the problem
That's not really addressing the problem because these cost meter & if theirs MUs like Lex vs Zod these won't help

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
That's not really addressing the problem because these cost meter & if theirs MUs like Lex vs Zod these won't help
What do you mean? This gives you an option to use a bar to get in; this would be a huge help in those situations.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I have a better question that noone has asked..

Can you cancels combos with a roll, blockstrings that have gaps, can you cancel Supergirls beam with a roll into pressure? This gould get stupid people...in a good till its broke kinda way.

#CalledIt
How did this get lost in that sea of nonsense? If you can cancel into roll then there are going to be some very awesome setups.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I have a better question that noone has asked..

Can you cancels combos with a roll, blockstrings that have gaps, can you cancel Supergirls beam with a roll into pressure? This gould get stupid people...in a good till its broke kinda way.

#CalledIt
No, you can't cancel specials into the roll. You can cancel strings though, so yeah, set ups :)

I go back and forth when it comes to zoning and rush down. So I can tell you they both take skill. I prefer rush down though.
I'm realizing zoning takes skill, Pig got all butt hurt over this post and called me scrub. I just don't have enough patience to deal with it (zoning that is I am fully aware I'm a scrub).

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I'm realizing zoning takes skill, Pig got all butt hurt over this post and called me scrub. I just don't have enough patience to deal with it (zoning that is I am fully aware I'm a scrub).
Not sure what you meant bro. But if you mean you need to be patient to deal with zoning, yes, you gotta be very strategic whether you're attacking or defending.

d3v

SRK
What do you mean? This gives you an option to use a bar to get in; this would be a huge help in those situations.
Because rolls are usually meterless in other games. And zoning can still be strong in these games with meterless rolls. CvS2 had arguably the best rolls in any fighting game, and yet the game started out as a turtlefest with characters like C-Sagat. And KoF may be rushdown heavy but that's more to having other movement options such as short hops and running.

On a related note, I never get why NRS likes to copy these other mechanics from other games, and then decides to try to be "unique" by simply adding a meter requirement to them.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Looking back at Injustice 1, I'm just picturing how much better or worse some character's offense would have been had they had the ability to dodge roll or air tech for a bar.

Character's with odd floaty juggle combos would have suffered offensively as it would've presented easy air tech moments for opponents, super long range folks like Zod would have had to work a bit more vs dodge rolls, corner pressure folks relying on 50/50's would have been a tossup as to how badly wakeup dodgeroll would affect them. I say this because many characters had autocorrect options on some of their better oki options so dodge rollers may just lose a bar and roll into some tools.

The more I think on this the more excited I get. I would've loved to dodge roll as Green Arrow or Shazam. I would've hated my Green Arrow combos with air techs on deck though. GYAH! Such a hype game changer. Can't wait to play this.