What's new

DMG CD Jr's NYCC Injustice Impressions

CD jr

Noob
Ok so where do i start? I guess i will start by answering most of the common questions that people have been asking. But first i want to let everyone know that i wont answer questions like which moves are safe, block stun, what leave you in advantage, certain special moves/noramls properties because this is an PRE alpha version and its not ven close to what the full version will be.

The game has 123/LMH and special button unique to every character for example flash slow downs time, cyborg regenerates energy superman goes into rage mode etc. There are cross ups in the game and they work just like a sf cross up which mean a jump normal move if timed well will hit your opponent on the opposite side that he is blocking so you will have to block the other way if you feel your opponent wants to cross you up( cyborgs cross ups are fucking stupid). Down 2 is a universal uppercut that everyone will have and you can combo of it(dont think it will stay like that for every character though) but each characters uppercut will be different like in mk some are slow, faster, bigger hit box etc. Down 3 is a universal sweep that all characters have but again all will be different. back 3 is a universal wall bounce that will bounce your opponent from the wall and you will be able to combo of it. the throwing system in the game is kinda like mk is 2 buttons to grab but i didnt really mess around with it cause i was told they are still working on throws cause you cant even tech them yet but as of now it feels like a regular grab from sf or mk. overall the game feels like a mix of mk9 and sf4 but hey thats just my opinion. Oh and that rumor that its a button to jump? who ever started that shit should go kill himself.
im just going to talk about a the new characters cause every should have an idea by now of what the old ones do.

Green Arrow look like he is going to be an annoying zoner/spacing character. His special buttons let you shoot arrows which you can charge and walk back forward and jump while charging it. charging the arrow doenst do anything really just hold the arrow lol. he can change his arrows to fire 3xarrows which do more chip and regular damage. electric shot 2x arrows which stuns you in the air and ground for a little while to give you more time to get in and a freeze shot 1x which of course freezes you and you can get a free combo. the is an animation when you change arrow types yes but its not that long. ok so when you change into fire you get 3 fire arrows then they go back to normal electrics are 2 and freeze are 1. his slide is pretty fucking fast and and has good reach. he has a ground shot the he hops back and shoots the floor, the move is good because he hops back pretty far and shoots in the knee which is pretty good and the move is super fast. he has 3 anti air move 1 is db 1 which shoots arrows straight up that same can be done in the air and shoots straight down so is good when you knock your opponent down. the second anti air is db2 which shoots an exploding arrow diagonally up. and the third one is back and releasing a hold arrow.

I will cover the rest of the cast next week cause i have to leave to canada tomorrow morning and i gotta finish doing laundry and pack up. Excuse my grammar but i'm really in a hurry sorry guys :( oh and cyborg is hands down the best character in the game so far :) #blackpower

Attachments

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well I can definitely see Cyborg being a monster. Glad to know who to watch out for already haha.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Lol superman WOULD have rage mode. Sounds good pretty far and also seems to be a not so broken and seizure like version of marvel.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Another question, do you know if projectiles clash in this? It wouldn't be a game changer in most matchups as the fireballs aren't crazy SF/KoF/Marvel big, so they can go by each other easy, but it would make Mirror matches really fun.

CD jr

Noob
Another question, do you know if projectiles clash in this? It wouldn't be a game changer in most matchups as the fireballs aren't crazy SF/KoF/Marvel big, so they can go by each other easy, but it would make Mirror matches really fun.
nope they dont clash. however some projectiles you cannot neutral duck like cyborgs. either you block it or jump over it.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I sure as hell hope that you have to have fundamentals to play Green Arrow. Im a big fan, and thankfully it looks like he will be pretty complex, what with the bajillion different arrows, in air arrows, anti air arrows etc. He looks awesome as shit so far.