What's new

definitive new main

Spletty

Grandmaster
I spent the last 9 hours straight playing my roommate with every character I liked. I wanted to find that one character I enjoyed playing and could consistantly win with and that happened to be quan...

I've liked playing as quan for months now but never really put in that extra effort to level him up and now I need to face the truth: I need one solid main, not 15 characters that im mediocre with.

So I need some help.. from the community.

What are your guys' BnBs?
what are your meter building techs?
corner game?

I need some serious help. Thanks to anyone that responds.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Bnb
b3 1+2, 112(or 212), Trance, 11, skydrop- This is the preferred bnb since you reset the situation with you being at an advantage.
b3 1+2, 112, trance, f12 1+2- does more damage.

Meter Building
Watch Under the Mayo's videos on meter building with Quan chi, they're really good.
http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheMayo

Corner game
Mix up between 212, 112, b3 1+2, and f1 2. B3 is a low and the 1+2 is a mid so they have to switch blocking states. And 212 will hit crouching opponents.

Also using 212 ex close Rune will build a decent amount of meter and the ex rune is unblockable, using f1 2 will also work.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Do you have access to xbl? It would be easier to just chat with ya there then it would be to write the bible of information I wanted to write down, most of which could be found here in Quans forum anyway. But yeah, get back with me on that one, if so, lets get crackin'

Spletty

Grandmaster
Nope im on psn unfortunately... I've already developed some bad habits playing as him so I could use the experience.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
BNBs that I use:
B21, B21, B11~trance, JIP, B31+2 uppercut 38% I believe, 43% with JIP
B31+2, B21, B11~trance, JIP B31+2 uppercut 37%, 41(?) with JIP
F12~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut believe this is around 35%
B11~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut 35% I believe
112~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut 35% as well I think

How to incorporate the runetrap:
In any of his bnbs, upon the trance, you get a guaranteed 11~skydrop (DO NOT DASH) 212 EX rune. A lot of people will jump back following the first runetrap, 2~trance will get you a 35% combo or put them back in the same situation. You want to frighten them to stop doing that. You can only get one guaranteed 212~EX rune setup off a 11~skydrop.

JIP trade:
Use F1~trance, F12~trance is not as reliable and leads to the same amount of damage.

AA/Anti-Cross Up:
D1~trance or uppercut is the most reliable. Standing 1 into 112~trance will also work given the proper distance.

21U3 and U3:
21U3 and U3 will occasionally work, but only with those who're very unfamiliar with QC, the U3 is very punishable in both instances.

Correct usage of skydrop:
Skydrop will drop you onto your opponent with some of the slower projectiles in the game, IE Reptile's FB/SZ's ice ball. DO NOT USE it against fast recovery projectiles such as Sonya's pew pew. It's extremely punishable and EX Skydrop is essentially useless outside of overly aggressive players. It's a bad use of meter but sometimes effective.

Obstacles against players who know Quan:
This is where the challenge begins, your 'mixups' will be blocked. B31+2 is relatively safe on block and you can get a EX rune out of it, F12 1+2 is somewhere between -3 or safe on block. Use your meter sparingly, meter is is the difference between winning and losing with Quan, he's that reliant on it. Patience and capitalization is Quan's strength.

Summary:
Quan isn't a bad character, but he requires a different approach to do well with. He has a great comeback factor but is very gimmicky and he's slow. He has a difficult time being pressured and has a lot of problems in the corner. He's very rewarding to play though. I suggest watching Dink's and Soup's footage as you'll pick up a lot from them.

Spletty91 I'm by no means the best Quan out there, but I'm on PSN. Gimme an add! I've got a mic as well. It'd be nice to help someone for a change! :)

Spletty

Grandmaster
BNBs that I use:
B21, B21, B11~trance, JIP, B31+2 uppercut 38% I believe, 43% with JIP
B31+2, B21, B11~trance, JIP B31+2 uppercut 37%, 41(?) with JIP
F12~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut believe this is around 35%
B11~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut 35% I believe
112~trance, B21, B21, Uppercut 35% as well I think

How to incorporate the runetrap:
In any of his bnbs, upon the trance, you get a guaranteed 11~skydrop (DO NOT DASH) 212 EX rune. A lot of people will jump back following the first runetrap, 2~trance will get you a 35% combo or put them back in the same situation. You want to frighten them to stop doing that. You can only get one guaranteed 212~EX rune setup off a 11~skydrop.

JIP trade:
Use F1~trance, F12~trance is not as reliable and leads to the same amount of damage.

AA/Anti-Cross Up:
D1~trance or uppercut is the most reliable. Standing 1 into 112~trance will also work given the proper distance.

21U3 and U3:
21U3 and U3 will occasionally work, but only with those who're very unfamiliar with QC, the U3 is very punishable in both instances.

Correct usage of skydrop:
Skydrop will drop you onto your opponent with some of the slower projectiles in the game, IE Reptile's FB/SZ's ice ball. DO NOT USE it against fast recovery projectiles such as Sonya's pew pew. It's extremely punishable and EX Skydrop is essentially useless outside of overly aggressive players. It's a bad use of meter but sometimes effective.

Obstacles against players who know Quan:
This is where the challenge begins, your 'mixups' will be blocked. B31+2 is relatively safe on block and you can get a EX rune out of it, F12 1+2 is somewhere between -3 or safe on block. Use your meter sparingly, meter is is the difference between winning and losing with Quan, he's that reliant on it. Patience and capitalization is Quan's strength.

Summary:
Quan isn't a bad character, but he requires a different approach to do well with. He has a great comeback factor but is very gimmicky and he's slow. He has a difficult time being pressured and has a lot of problems in the corner. He's very rewarding to play though. I suggest watching Dink's and Soup's footage as you'll pick up a lot from them.

Spletty91 I'm by no means the best Quan out there, but I'm on PSN. Gimme an add! I've got a mic as well. It'd be nice to help someone for a change! :)
Id definitely be up for some games, thanks a million for the info!
you'd be better off adding me: TYM_SPLETTY
I don't have internet so im only on like once a week, ill accept next time I get logged in. Lookin forward to it and thanks again!