What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kung Jin Dealing with Subzero? Subzero Vs. Kung Jin MU.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
KJ's normals can reach past the clone (assuming they were using Grandmaster) and he can armor his way out.
Which? I know his F2 works great at max range into flying kick.

I've played an offline friend about 50 times...I had this up in another thread but ended up deleting it because it's really situational.

-It's very important to learn your spacing , you want to be out of range to use an arrow to break the clone and duck an ice ball. Don't just throw out arrows as you will most likely get hit by a ice ball.

-f2 is your best friend that I know of so far vs ice clone @ full range punish. F2 has insane range that catches people off guard.

-flying kick can punish a slide ONLY if you do it while they are mid slide, at the end you will get blocked and a full punish.

-if you block a string and they end in ice clone immediately do a ex flying kick, full screen will only get you frozen.

-ex flying kick through ice ball.

- if you have him in the corner and he does an ice clone IMMEDIATELY dive kick full punish.

-Don't stay full screen 24/7, give him something to worry about ie you stepping in to do an overhead or b214 or even an AA. If you don't do these things and just constantly scoot back to the corner you have NO leverage.

-try to get a stage with a corner escape and use it wisely because he can ice clone, hit you in to the ice clone etc...

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Which variation are you using?

-In Bojutsu any time Sub Zero cancels a normal into clone you can db3 reversal and it will beat him everytime. Do the enhanced one for a full combo punish if you wish, but the regular one has enough range to beat him out too.
-In Ancestral Stun arrows are really good for the zoning war since you can angle them past the ice clone.
-In Shaolin just spam the fuck out of low chakram lol.
-You can use KJ's d+b4 sweeping normal to hit Subby at a ridiculous range through his clone too. (put this in bold because I cant emphasise enough how good of a normal it is, and most people dont even know he has it).
-His iceball is really slow, dont be afraid to throw out arrows since at neutral you're able to block in time.
-If he is not respecting your option to divekick and is just throwing out relentless iceballs, then that is your way in.
-Punish slide with 34xxCombo.
-Once Sub has you in the corner it is a nightmare, but tbh Jin has some of the best tools to deal with some in comparison to a lot of the cast.

Those are the best tips I have off of the top of my head, the matchup is a tricky one but I dont think it's bad for Jin at all.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Which variation are you using?

-In Bojutsu any time Sub Zero cancels a normal into clone you can db3 reversal and it will beat him everytime. Do the enhanced one for a full combo punish if you wish, but the regular one has enough range to beat him out too.
-In Ancestral Stun arrows are really good for the zoning war since you can angle them past the ice clone.
-In Shaolin just spam the fuck out of low chakram lol.
-You can use KJ's d+b4 sweeping normal to hit Subby at a ridiculous range through his clone too. (put this in bold because I cant emphasise enough how good of a normal it is, and most people dont even know he has it).
-His iceball is really slow, dont be afraid to throw out arrows since at neutral you're able to block in time.
-If he is not respecting your option to divekick and is just throwing out relentless iceballs, then that is your way in.
-Punish slide with 34xxCombo.
-Once Sub has you in the corner it is a nightmare, but tbh Jin has some of the best tools to deal with some in comparison to a lot of the cast.

Those are the best tips I have off of the top of my head, the matchup is a tricky one but I dont think it's bad for Jin at all.
Woah, lots of information. Thank you very much, this is very useful and I'll use it. So.. couch b4

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I'm having a problem with the subzero matchup. mostly subzero zoning. Any tips ? I get stuck in the corner and it's hard. I went against two really good subzero in tournament and I got bopped. Someone help me. Lol.
I did really well against Smarr's sub at the Yomi tournament. His angled db 4 normal (the low) is really good to use to get damage in at range (it has UBSURD reach), as is his NJ2 for a combo and F2 strings. His armored mb db3 worked wonders for me. Try to bait the low slide and punish. When you get a knockdown, fish combos with his b 3 4 to keep pressure from mid screen. At full screen trade arrows when he doesn't have his clone up, but be aware of the Sub's meter for mb iceball. If you get in the corner, don't panic, just chill there till the sub makes a mistake. And lastly, never JI.

not sure if it's a bad option or not but if they are hiding behind the ice clone just shoot it with an arrow and be patient inch your way up and they will slide when they do punish with either mid slide DK or just block and punish do the same thing to jackie but for godssake dont block jackies guns just duck they WILL go over you same for subby's ice ball inch your way to them and whoop their a** any variation tactics right here