What's new

Question - Outlaw Dealing with Ferra/Torr MU

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
I have no idea how to go about the matchup what so ever. I don't know how to deal with the NJP in particular, but overall, it is the character as a whole I struggle against. Curious as to what I should do regarding my approach when facing ferra/torr.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Once you get in its a matter of pressure. On the upside, we are forced to stand on the Sonicfox Evo winnings (a.k.a caltrops) because our wake-ups are all meh at best, but you do need to be careful about the command grab.

I personally recommend using his 21122 string on our wake-up because those two hits will rip us out of a lot of options, and I believe we can't really do much against 211xxtackle because of grab immunity (don't quote me on it though) and it clinking our charge armor off.

You can also pressure using 21xxMB sand or MB grenade since both will catch us and click off of wake-up command grab.

I haven't played the MU much but I know that Erron's plan is similar to Lackey F/T's plan in the same MU. Wade through the n.j.p and they run out of options.

Against Lackey F/T, just try to keep him busy with stuff like the gunshot strings and keep a decent distance. Throwing out caltrops takes away a lot of his approach options leaving him with just the unsafe MB roll.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hmm. You could try keeping out of the range of the NJP and then sliding in when F/T is falling to ground. If that hits you start your oki game. Other than that Doombawkz said it brilliantly.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Once you get in its a matter of pressure. On the upside, we are forced to stand on the Sonicfox Evo winnings (a.k.a caltrops) because our wake-ups are all meh at best, but you do need to be careful about the command grab.

I personally recommend using his 21122 string on our wake-up because those two hits will rip us out of a lot of options, and I believe we can't really do much against 211xxtackle because of grab immunity (don't quote me on it though) and it clinking our charge armor off.

You can also pressure using 21xxMB sand or MB grenade since both will catch us and click off of wake-up command grab.

I haven't played the MU much but I know that Erron's plan is similar to Lackey F/T's plan in the same MU. Wade through the n.j.p and they run out of options.

Against Lackey F/T, just try to keep him busy with stuff like the gunshot strings and keep a decent distance. Throwing out caltrops takes away a lot of his approach options leaving him with just the unsafe MB roll.
Sweet, thanks! Really been struggling against F/T so this is all very helpful.

Hmm. You could try keeping out of the range of the NJP and then sliding in when F/T is falling to ground. If that hits you start your oki game. Other than that Doombawkz said it brilliantly.
I never considered that, but I will test it out for sure. Thanks for the help both of you!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Like Scott said, in any matchup where you know your opponent is going to try and abuse their njp you have to punish it hard with either slide or a sand grenade. Just doing that will completely change the tone of the match