What's new

Combo Video - Cryomancer Cyromancer 45% post patch combo

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
MIDCREEN: - One Bar - 41% - No Jip - Hammer HKD - F4 starter

F42 Grab - MB Hammer - Walk Forward - B2, F42 Grab - Hammer = Safe jump against any cast member without an armoured wake up.

CORNER: One Bar - 47% - No Jip - B2 Starter - Hammer HKD

B2, B2, F42 Grab - MB Hammer - F42 Grab - Hammer HKD

NJP: - One Bar - 42% - Hammer HKD

NJP - B2, F42 Grab - MB Hammer - F42 Grab Hammer HKD

HKD = Hard Knock Down

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
2 bars can give you more damage than that (52% in the corner, 48% midscreen). You shouldn't be finishing that combo with a B12 slide when you can connect (much easier in fact) another F42Grab into regular hammer, more damage and a hard knock down.

@UsedForGlue you don't need to walk forward to land the B2 after EX Hammer, just wait a bit, you shouldn't have any problem with the follow up run into F42 as the reach is huge.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I will do a writeup, Cyro is definitely someone I will be playing more often... He is essentially like johnny in the sense that its all about getting that reset and reapplying pressure to get another reset.
Not really. Johnny's reset has advantage. Cryomancer doesn't have advantage, but now you can cancel it into a special move (it's a real combo continuation, not a nutpunch) and now you will always end your cold blooded combos with the hard knock down 12% damage regular hammer and its improved frames designed to combo from the new cancellable cold blooded string. I think it's not worth to lose that extra damage and hard knock down to keep the opponent standing at neutral advantage.

Cryomancer also has better mixups than Johnny, while Johnny has a lot of block advantage strings to keep pressure going. I main Cryomancer since day 1 and play A-List Johnny as one of my secondaries and for my experience (much higher with Cryo than with A-List) you can't go with the same mindset to battle with both of them. Specially now that Cryo's restand is cancellable into a damaging hard knockdown instead of the old neutral reset.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Not really. Johnny's reset has advantage. Cryomancer doesn't have advantage, but now you can cancel it into a special move (it's a real combo continuation, not a nutpunch) and now you will always end your cold blooded combos with the hard knock down 12% damage regular hammer and its improved frames designed to combo from the new cancellable cold blooded string. I think it's not worth to lose that extra damage and hard knock down to keep the opponent standing at neutral advantage.

Cryomancer also has better mixups than Johnny, while Johnny has a lot of block advantage strings to keep pressure going. I main Cryomancer since day 1 and play A-List Johnny as one of my secondaries and for my experience (much higher with Cryo than with A-List) you can't go with the same mindset to battle with both of them. Specially now that Cryo's restand is cancellable into a damaging hard knockdown instead of the old neutral reset.
I'm more so talking about the "bigger picture" but thanks for the notes man.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
everyone can you please help me get the subby combo thread up and running. I've been doing much of it on my own but I need more help fleshing it out with more examples. It's fairly complete we just need some GM combos I'll be posting diligently.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
everyone can you please help me get the subby combo thread up and running. I've been doing much of it on my own but I need more help fleshing it out with more examples. It's fairly complete we just need some GM combos I'll be posting diligently.
The problem with combo threads is that they are rammed with 15 different combos all with the same starter, then 25 other MB one bar combos, when really a combo thread should just boil down to each combo starter's maximum damage, and then the one bar version.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
The problem with combo threads is that they are rammed with 15 different combos all with the same starter, then 25 other MB one bar combos, when really a combo thread should just boil down to each combo starter's maximum damage, and then the one bar version.
With all do respect I think you're being unfair, if the thread I'm working on isn't satisfactory then take a look at it and tell me where I can improve. At least I'm trying to curate a coherent one-stop thread for the sub-zero forum. I tagged you for a reason and your help would be appreciated.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Pushes people farther away? plus ex slide can change position
I think it's more along the line of Cryo's combos not being incredibly dependent on screen positioning, and considering hammer is a more impressive and more damaging hardknockdown there seems to be little incentive to feature it in your Cryomancer gameplay.

I've simply used slide to advance on my opponent after my hardknockdown hammer and crowd their wake-up.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I think it's more along the line of Cryo's combos not being incredibly dependent on screen positioning, and considering hammer is a more impressive and more damaging hardknockdown there seems to be little incentive to feature it in your Cryomancer gameplay.

I've simply used slide to advance on my opponent after my hardknockdown hammer and crowd their wake-up.
Anyone in the game can favor switching the opponent to the corner though...

I'm only saying to use it to switch positions, literally the only reason why I would end with exslide.

Lokheit

Noob
Anyone in the game can favor switching the opponent to the corner though...

I'm only saying to use it to switch positions, literally the only reason why I would end with exslide.
The thing is, his regular 1 bar combos now push half screen because now you're using 2 times coldblooded advancing a huge lot so you're probably already there and won't need the slide or you've pushed him too far from the corner and switching sides won't matter. Even his meterless ones get you really close to the corner or far from it if you were against the wall.

Hammer on the other hand is a HKD and deals more damage. The Ex Slide mostly comes as a wake up (and one you can't abuse if you don't want heavy punishers for breakfast), or cancelling a short string as a surprise gamble.