What's new

Tech Corner Trap (Ice Clone & Ice Puddle)

mrsz

O.G. SZ
The following trap might be obvious but I've found it to be very effective against characters without a teleport.

After knocking down your opponent in the corner, while they are recovering, you place a nicely spaced ice clone to lock them in . Once they are standing, you place an ice puddle.

Opponents Options

1. Neutral jump on wakeup
- When they land, they'll land in the puddle.

2. Jump forward to escape
- They'll be frozen by your ice clone.

3. Stay still
- They'll be stuck in your puddle.

* Note: Characters that use a special move with armor or x-ray will be able to escape through your clone.

I need to test it out more to see if it's worthwhile looping it or if there are any problems, but I've been mixing it up with high/low mixups in my online matches and it's been effective.

Try it out and let me know what you guys think. If there are any flaws in the trap, please post it.

I saw this for the first time yesterday in a video and it's a decent thing to mix in from time to time.....and I agree it's character specific.

2 things to your points:

1) If they neutral jump on wake up they would avoind the ground freeze - my understanding of that move is if you are airbourne when it comes out then you can't land land in the puddle and get stuck.

2) The puddle cancels the clone so there is nothing for them to jump into except Sub Zero!

When I was testing this last night I thnk 2 things are worth thinking about:

1) After you leave the clone in their grill, instantly dash forward and use this as your spacing to do the puddle - you are still behind the clone......

2) ......so you should wait a split second to see if they try to jump. If they don't then puddle could be worth it.

I think this is best used in general when you need a pretty big comeback so the reset is worth it for the damage.