What's new

Breakthrough - Sun God Command Grab through Takeda EX Fist Furry

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
There is a certain timing one can use to hit Takeda with Regular command grab to beat EX fist. This move has armor on it and I haven't figured out the exact timing but it seems to be right before it hits you. I've gotten it to happen with:
114xxDF1(whiff), (pause), DB2.
B1, (pause), DB2.
*Special Case* 114xxDF1(whiff), d1xxDB2 (causes trade). This is great because you take minimal damage while getting Takeda to spend a bar.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
It has armor on start-up, but not throughout the entire move, right? Are you just delaying until his armor wears off?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It has armor on start-up, but not throughout the entire move, right? Are you just delaying until his armor wears off?
I don't know exactly how the moves works. But if it doesn't have startup into the active frames that's probably it. Figured it'd be a good thing to share that there is a bit of a mind game (and a slight setup) to beat Takeda's armor move.

shmatka

How much 1 could a 112 if a 11212?
@Enexemander @StealthyMuffin
Either of you know if there are any weird things with Goro's armor? I managed to beat it with a NJP once in training mode and I'm not sure how to duplicate that.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/is-there-a-hole-in-ex-punch-walk-armor.56432/
When in training mode, if the ai doesn't have much life left, it acts the same way as a match. If they don't have enough life to eat the hit, the armor doesn't matter. I've had it happen too that I though I broke armor but the ai only had 5% health left...

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Why would you want to armour through this move, though? Much rather take the minuscule chip and destroy him.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
When in training mode, if the ai doesn't have much life left, it acts the same way as a match. If they don't have enough life to eat the hit, the armor doesn't matter. I've had it happen too that I though I broke armor but the ai only had 5% health left...
Yeah I found that out too . . .
Why would you want to armour through this move, though? Much rather take the minuscule chip and destroy him.
It's not using armor though. It's the plain command grab.

Ze Dingo

It's not using armor though. It's the plain command grab.
My mistake.

But my point still stands. Unless you're at like 1% health, why not just block it and full combo punish it for ~40% instead of command grabbing through it?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
My mistake.

But my point still stands. Unless you're at like 1% health, why not just block it and full combo punish it for ~40% instead of command grabbing through it?
Well the way i see it is,
if you can get the timing down right, you blew through their bar or at the very least trade.
If Takeda blocks, he now has to still deal with the grab mixup. This leads to even more guesses but more even-ish playing field.
If you decide to just try and make reads on when to block, that opens up more options for Takeda on defense.

So basically, it might be a surefire way to take armor completely out of the equation. I haven't tested ways to beat the armored spin kick yet though.

Ze Dingo

Well the way i see it is,
if you can get the timing down right, you blew through their bar or at the very least trade.
If Takeda blocks, he now has to still deal with the grab mixup. This leads to even more guesses but more even-ish playing field.
If you decide to just try and make reads on when to block, that opens up more options for Takeda on defense.

So basically, it might be a surefire way to take armor completely out of the equation. I haven't tested ways to beat the armored spin kick yet though.
But, if you make the read that he's going to use Fist Flurry, why would you try to grab him through it as opposed to blocking it and then punishing him for full combo seeing as the move is like -1000 on block?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
But, if you make the read that he's going to use Fist Flurry, why would you try to grab him through it as opposed to blocking it and then punishing him for full combo seeing as the move is like -1000 on block?
Because there is the option that he doesn't do that move and you lose momentum and advantage. But with this option you don't have to make reads. Potentially you could take armor completely out in the situations I listed.

I'm not saying never block and do a bigger damage thing. Like say on wake-up there is still that oki mind-game. But what I'm talking about could add another layer to the 114 frame trap mind-game.