What's new

General/Other - Kano Coach Steve's Kano Change List for Potential New Patch

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I think these changes are reasonable. I'm not gunna lie some of you guys are asking for some really crazy stuff that is completely unnecessary. I've stated numerous times that I already think Kano is an A-Tier character. Giving him too much buffs rather than fixes to glitches will make him really stupid (more so than he already can be)

Universal:
-Stand 112 more consistent hit box to hit crouching and blocking opponents. Last hit 0 on block (interruptable)

-Up Ball (Normal and EX): Fix so that it can actually punish a move that is -6 on block. It can only punish moves that are -9 but it starts up in 6 frames. Based on the game engine itself, this should not be the case

-EX Up Ball: Second hit no longer whiffs after the first hit is blocked

-Jump 1 or 2 has a better downward hitbox
Commando:
-All parry glitches fixed

-Glitch where backwards command grab will whiff when opponent crouch blocks a D3 and then stand blocks Fixed. (I listed this one because I've encountered it numerous times. I know there are other little glitches with the command grabs but I don't know them too well. However they should be fixed as well)

Cybernetic:
Make up laser useful. Somehow..do something.

Cutthroat:
No changes. Giving it anything will make it too strong. Maybe just a few slight frame changes and he'll be fine.

Last edited:
I hope they do the whole second hit not whiffing on block for raiden's rising thunder. What's the point of the move even being 0 on block right now. I do think you should still be able to low profile it though.

After rethinking this it is a terrible idea without some sort of trade off.

Last edited:

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I'm fine with low profile really. But if they block the first hit, they should have to block the second too. Its dumb

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Well organized, short and reasonable list for Kano fixes. Hopefully NRS can look into this if they haven't already. Kano is super solid and can easily be broken if he isn't handled carefully. I feel as if this short list of fixes keep him right where he's at and allow him to play his design, meta etc. accurately. He's got a few buggy stuff mentioned here so the least we can hope for, are those fixes.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I hope they do the whole second hit not whiffing on block for raiden's rising thunder. What's the point of the move even being 0 on block right now. I do think you should still be able to low profile it though.
This move would be overpowered beyond belief if the second hit always connected on block. It's definitely fine how it is, where the second hit is only blocked at absolute max range

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Probably fair because I believe I understand the character very well so I know what he actually NEEDS as opposed to what people just want to see (which a lot of those changes I see don't make sense at all)
Agreed. I always enjoy watching your play and, being a Philly guy, am always there cheering when you're playing at Big E's events.

It would be nice to see some of these changes implemented.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Oh no....Steve no! You'll incur the wrath of the

Kano community

In all seriousness though you're right but we both know they're not going to see it that way lol. Also I think whatever bug's causing F4 to affect the properties of specials it's cancelled into should be addressed (ie F4~DB1 in Cyber whiffs on crouch blocking opponents for some reason sometimes) as well as mids whiffing when they shouldn't like 112 or EX Knife in Cutthroat or Commando.

Last edited:

Dean

On The Grind
I don't care if he gets buffed, I'm not against it either.

I just want him to get some love, he def needs fixed in several areas.

I still would like the hitbox for his OH in cutthroat to be slightly increased.

Everything else I'm cool with. Just needs fixed.

Dean

On The Grind
I don't want Kano too be buffed to the point where tournaments are infested with him. All the buffs I see people asking for will lead to that if they come to pass
Right, he def needs some love man because right now your not seeing any Kano's placing well on the major scene.

It would be nice to see a Kano make some noise in general. I mean, there wasn't one single Kano player that placed even top 64 at Evo, right?

You think these fixes would make him tournament viable at these majors?

He is weak right now.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Nice list. I'd like his choke to have a better hitbox (so it doesn't whiff randomly after f4 or b13) and his 32 in commando to be 10% like in other variations #hugboyz

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol @ some of these comments. Lots of Top Player bandwagon riding in this thread. In the grand scheme of things these request are barely any different than what I or most others have asked for inside of quite a few threads, yet we are met with "omg how dare you ask for up laser buffs, just B1 bro" or "if you add just one extra +frame he'd be Top 1 yo" comments.

All in all I agree with everything, but I would add ball priority on the list. It's retarded to get poked and grabbed out of a special in full blown animation on both regular and EX versions.

Also, @MrInsaynne im gonna need your receptionist phone number so she can tell me when I can catch you at Next Level for some offline Kano man!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
6frames moves can't punish -6frames moves due to blockstun, how NRs games works lol.

This shows you don't know much about how NRs games work and I wouldn't trust you on a fix list.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Right, he def needs some love man because right now your not seeing any Kano's placing well on the major scene.

It would be nice to see a Kano make some noise in general. I mean, there wasn't one single Kano player that placed even top 64 at Evo, right?

You think these fixes would make him tournament viable at these majors?

He is weak right now.

Well the reason he doesn't place at majors is because there isn't too much representation of the character in the first place. So if the really good ones don't do well, it looks bad. He's very far from weak

Reactions: GAV

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
6frames moves can't punish -6frames moves due to blockstun, how NRs games works lol.

This shows you don't know much about how NRs games work and I wouldn't trust you on a fix list.
This is actually true though. UpBall can't punish 6 frame moves because it is 6 frames. Coming out of block the reversal is a frame. So if you come out of block with a just frame reversal you can punish a 7 frame move at the fastest. All specials share this property.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
This is actually true though. UpBall can't punish 6 frame moves because it is 6 frames. Coming out of block the reversal is a frame. So if you come out of block with a just frame reversal you can punish a 7 frame move at the fastest. All specials share this property.
and I'll show you also once the video is finished uploading. I know what I'm talking about