What's new

Catching Up With Scar - A TYM Interview

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey gang its your resident interviewer BanTheTesters here to once again pick the brains of your favorite Kombatants. The ESL hype has been very real the past few weeks with no signs of slowing down!

I got a chance to speak with Scar, now a free agent as he talks about his thoughts on facing his Texas Brothers in tournament, ESL, MKX as a whole, and his rival...read on below to get the scoop!

BanTheTesters: How have you been man? And what have you been up to these past couple of weeks?

Scar: I've been good man just been mostly working and doing school, other then that, been trying to maintain this pro gaming stuff lol.

BanTheTesters: For those who may not know you can, you tell us a bit about yourself?

Scar: Sure I'm from Houston Tx, I've started playing competitively about 6 years ago, starting with MK9.

BanTheTesters: Any hobbies you enjoy outside of tournament world?

Scar: Yea traveling to different states and exploring what they have to offer, drawing, music, exercising, sports, drinking and is food considered a hobby? Lol

BanTheTesters: What characters do you play as for those who may not know?

Scar:
Sonya, Smoke, Lao, Alien...for now...

BanTheTesters: For those who might not know can you tell us about the tournaments you have played in/tourney results etc?

Scar: Ah its been quite a few over the years, multiple Evo appearances but never a top 8, 1st at Absolute Battle 2016, 2nd KIT 2016, 2nd ESL MKX Pro League Season 2, 1st Texas Showdown 2016. If we talking recent accomplishments.

BanTheTesters: How do you feel about your Texas Showdown win?

Scar: I feel very good about it, being that its an MK tournament, and that Texas was able to keep the trophy in the state once again.

BanTheTesters: How did it feel playing against your Texan brothers during showdown?

Scar: It was good but I would like to see more out of state competitor's come out and support the tournament in the future.

BanTheTesters: How long would you say you spend practicing for MK tournaments?

Scar: I can't put a time on it cause I pretty much play every chance I get, its alot I know that for sure.

BanTheTesters: You have been showing a TON of sonya love for quite a while. What made you pick up the character?

Scar: I only picked her up originally because Showtime at the beginning of the games life said that she sucked lol. Never really had a love for the character before MKX

BanTheTesters: Is there a normal ritual you have for said practicing if any or no?

Scar: Nah not really, just whatever I lose to I hit the lab and see why I lost to it. But I need to become better at sniffing things out before I get into actual tournament.

BanTheTesters: Any advice for folks out there with “tournament nerves”?

Scar: Everyone is gonna always have tournament nerves, only thing I could suggest is do whatever u can do to calm the nerves at least a little.

BanTheTesters: Your thoughts on sonic fox’s reign?

Scar: Well deserved, he genuinely loves the game, and puts much time into the game. But as of recent I feel like more people or getting comfortable playing against him, I feel the gap is closing when it comes to competition against him..

BanTheTesters: Your thoughts on Mortal Kombat X as a whole? Any objections or are you happy with the game in its current state?

Scar: I think the game still needs a good amount of patch work, regarding anti airs, hitbox/hurtbox issues, buffs and adjustments to characters like Bo rai cho, and alien, slight damage boost for smoke.

BanTheTesters: Any plans to play any other games if so what are you playing at the moment or just sticking to NRS stuff for right now?

Scar: Not playing many games besides MKX at the moment, but I just got a PC, so I might dive back into KI, also DOOM, Overwatch, and Dark Souls.

BanTheTesters: Are there any other tournaments you will be attending in the future?

Scar: Right now EVO, possibly CEO, or SummerJam

BanTheTesters: Any overall advice for the fans out there?

Scar: Say no to drugs little Timmy.

BanTheTesters: You've recently just created ESL history by becoming the first player other then sonic fox to take the #1 seed in the NA season, how do you feel? And could u give us your thoughts on week 8?

Scar: Yea man its a great feeling, funny thing is I wasn't even considering trying much in week 8 till I found out rank 1 was up for grabs, so I decided I was gonna try to slide in them rank 1 dm's lol, This week was a hell of a way to close out the season, u had 2 guys (wound &toxin) who had to watch on as their life was in the hands of me and Dragon, I can only imagine being in that position, I would not be able to function lol, But luckily my clutch factor kicked in against the monster that is jupiter, he gave me that little bit of space to work with when he let me get off the ground with 5% help and somehow I managed to take 50% of his life away from that one mistake, that's the power of MKX, ahh the game we play, right? Jupiter if u reading this its too late. LOL! I'm jk love ya bro! Look forward to seeing what he does in the future to come, best Jax hands down.

BanTheTesters: Any last minute shout-outs?

Scar: Shouts out to Kombat Houston I would not be the player I am without them molding who I am today, shout out to the top players and online warriors, you all helped me get to this point as well, shout out to the Scardinies and all the faithful people who support what I do, without y'all there is no Scaa!

Well looks like that about does it for this week! Big thanks to @FCP/EMP SCAR for taking the time out of his week to chat with me @Tim Static and the rest of team TYM again! Stay tuned for more interviews soon from yours truly, and thanks for reading!

You guys can follow Scar on his twitter here: https://twitter.com/khscar12 and his twitch channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/khtx_scar

You can also Follow me here:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BanTheTesters
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/banthetesters

Video Sources:

Attachments

emerc

Noob
Loved the interview. Only critique is that I would eliminate "How do you feel?" entirely from your arsenal.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Love this guy. Very skilled, very creative player. Is definitely out to try shake up people's rigid opinions of characters on this game, and does a great job of it
Yep and he is also super nice and easy to talk to in person to boot. Classy dude indeed. The interview was fun!