What's new

General/Other Can't connect trait into combos !!!

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
Is there a trick to do this? I'm trying to do a simple Ex Divekick 1 1 trait (etc) ... But after i do the 1 ,1 , it will count as a two separate combos ... how can i link it ?!

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Do it like you're doing a 113, like so: 1 1 T.

Try to pull of 22T , 22b1 a several times 'till you get the timming down. Don't think much about it, do it naturaly.

JavierDavila

Thank guys! This a little hard to explain, when i do 1,1 trait and then i do back 2,3 it counts the 1,1 trait as 3 hits and the back 2,3 as 2 hits ... I'll post a video later...

Shawi

Noob
I find b2 T 113 really easy to do. Literally just dial the whole thing in. It comes out every time, you can even dial in black magic as well after (although risky because you should hit confirm)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yea, I've been having the same problem. Either I'm putting my inputs in too fast, or to slow. (after trait). I think you put your inputs in when the second orb hits. (not too sure if that'll help or not lol)

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
B2 trait is easy
11 trait is easy
112 trait is esay
22 trait is a nightmare
22 anything is a nightmare actually. That string sucks for cancelling.

JaredL

Do you mean 22's hard online? Or Just in general?

With practice I find it realy doable
22 trait naked is easy.

From a jump in, or cancelling into lightning cage is a pain in the dick. I find it easier to link B3 with ex lightning cage, than linking JI2, 22, trait.

JavierDavila

Ok, so, i finally got it! ... I was doing it too slow. But i got another question, is there a trick to connect the 2,2 after b2,3 ? It's fucking nearly impossible to do that online!!!!!

JaredL

Ok, so, i finally got it! ... I was doing it too slow. But i got another question, is there a trick to connect the 2,2 after b2,3 ? It's fucking nearly impossible to do that online!!!!!
Why would you do 22? I thought the standard was 11?

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Why would you do 22? I thought the standard was 11?
Yah it's 11 after b23.

22 trait naked is easy.

From a jump in, or cancelling into lightning cage is a pain in the dick. I find it easier to link B3 with ex lightning cage, than linking JI2, 22, trait.
Oh I see! I was thinking you're talking about 22 xx T without a jump in. Yeah that most of the time the 1st/2nd hit will wiff, on a cross up I think, cause it depends on how near you land for the 22 to fully connect. So it's advisable to use 11 after a j2 cross up, less damage but 'safer'.

I hope I've helped and haven't said a bunch of crap :p But those are the results I was getting online and in training mode.

JaredL

Oh I see! I was thinking you're talking about 22 xx T without a jump in. Yeah that most of the time the 1st/2nd hit will wiff, on a cross up I think, cause it depends on how near you land for the 22 to fully connect. So it's advisable to use 11 after a j2 cross up, less damage but 'safer'.

I hope I've helped and haven't said a bunch of crap :p But those are the results I was getting online and in training mode.
I've pretty much given up on trying 22 from a jump in.

I prefer B2 because its an overhead and quite reliable. 11 can be ducked.

Anyway, the main thing is:

B2, trait, 22, ex lightning cage, B3, J2, B23U1+3 (Can do J3, but its much harder to link with B23U1+3)

The trick I use for getting the B3 is to do this: as lightning cage is coming out, I hold back the back button. Do not let go of this. Then, MASH THE SHIT OUT OF 3. I find that if you move back slightly, as in let go of the back button slightly, if messes up. Or if you don't mash it, it comes out too late.

I use the same trick for pretty much every link with a B3 or F3.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Yeah, same, did a couple of matches last night and j2 22 wiffs most of the time. Totaly forgot that 11 can be ducked, this as been mentioned several times, thanks for the reminder. I'll incorporate b2 more in my gameplay.

Been doing the same trick for b3 after db3 MB, except I don't mash that much hehe

JaredL

Yeah, same, did a couple of matches last night and j2 22 wiffs most of the time. Totaly forgot that 11 can be ducked, this as been mentioned several times, thanks for the reminder. I'll incorporate b2 more in my gameplay.

Been doing the same trick for b3 after db3 MB, except I don't mash that much hehe
11 is not very likely to be ducked, since the J2 is an overhead, but still, you get people who duck low for no reason.

I also find B2 is great in general. I use it as my general 'into trait' thing, not just from jump ins.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
It's a good normal indeed, it moves you a bit forward aswell.

Well you've been copy-cat'ed :b Thanks for the share.