What's new

Can i be a Martian too?

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Hey guys, i want to pick up Martian Manhunter and need some help. All i know of him is that he is a setup character, so with that, what are his best setups?
what is his pressure?
- does he have frame traps?
- does he have a vortex?
- what are his best strings?
- does he have OTGs?

I really want to pick him up so any help is good!

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Hey how you doing man! Glad to see you like the Martian. To answer some of your questions:
-His orbs on block give him +35 for regular and +25 for meter burn, which means he has all the time in the world to do anything, be it throw interactable, do a 50/50 with b1 or b2, throw, and other things.
-He has a very wierd vortex with a knockdown into orb where you jump and do a teleport and depending on your jump arc crosses up or hits in front similar to marvel setups. It's very risky but if you land it you can go into it again.
-Some of his best string are b13, 22b3, 222, 112, b2333, and f23. B1 is a low, b2 is a overhead, f23 is a mid then a long range low thats safe at tip, 222 is a mid mid overhead string that is safe at -4, and 22b3 is a string that leaves him at plus. Beware the b3 in 22b3 IS interruptable.
-I know people talked about his db1 having otg capabilities but I haven't really looked into it.

His general game plan is to knock you down and get you into a orb vortex. I like ending combos with bf2 for a hard knockdown and putting a far orb on top of them to force either block or a wakeup attack, and then adapt from there. He also has a very strong zoning game with orbs, meteors, and pillars that are wierd getting used to at first, but when you get it down covers almost every aspect of moving.

Really he is just a overall strong character who is really only weak in combo damage but more than makes up for it in frame traps and control of the screen. Hope I helped in some way.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Hey how you doing man! Glad to see you like the Martian. To answer some of your questions:
-His orbs on block give him +35 for regular and +25 for meter burn, which means he has all the time in the world to do anything, be it throw interactable, do a 50/50 with b1 or b2, throw, and other things.
-He has a very wierd vortex with a knockdown into orb where you jump and do a teleport and depending on your jump arc crosses up or hits in front similar to marvel setups. It's very risky but if you land it you can go into it again.
-Some of his best string are b13, 22b3, 222, 112, b2333, and f23. B1 is a low, b2 is a overhead, f23 is a mid then a long range low thats safe at tip, 222 is a mid mid overhead string that is safe at -4, and 22b3 is a string that leaves him at plus. Beware the b3 in 22b3 IS interruptable.
-I know people talked about his db1 having otg capabilities but I haven't really looked into it.

His general game plan is to knock you down and get you into a orb vortex. I like ending combos with bf2 for a hard knockdown and putting a far orb on top of them to force either block or a wakeup attack, and then adapt from there. He also has a very strong zoning game with orbs, meteors, and pillars that are wierd getting used to at first, but when you get it down covers almost every aspect of moving.

Really he is just a overall strong character who is really only weak in combo damage but more than makes up for it in frame traps and control of the screen. Hope I helped in some way.
Yes thx for the help, definitely gives me something to start with. Do you happen to know the inputs for his vortex?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Midscreen:

Meterless:
1) 22b3,3xxdb3,22xxbf3 (30%)
2) (trait) 22b3,f123,22xxdb3,22xxbf3 (38%)

Meter:
1) 22xxdb1 MB,b3,delayed j3,j3xxdb3,bf3 (41%,45% when traited)

Corner:

Meterless:

F123,f123,f2u1xxdb3,3xxbf3 (40%,44% when traited)

Meter:
F123,f123,3,xxdb1 MB,j3xxdb3,22xxbf3 (48%,53% when traited)

Hope this helps and happy manhunting :)

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Midscreen:

Meterless:
1) 22b3,3xxdb3,22xxbf3 (30%)
2) (trait) 22b3,f123,22xxdb3,22xxbf3 (38%)

Meter:
1) 22xxdb1 MB,b3,delayed j3,j3xxdb3,bf3 (41%,45% when traited)

Corner:

Meterless:

F123,f123,f2u1xxdb3,3xxbf3 (40%,44% when traited)

Meter:
F123,f123,3,xxdb1 MB,j3xxdb3,22xxbf3 (48%,53% when traited)

Hope this helps and happy manhunting :)
Thx so much ive been needing a corner combo!

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Guys post some of the setups you have been doing with The Manhunter! This isn't just for me, anyone who wants to pick up MMH this could be a good resource for them. So lets actually make this helpful.

I know its very beginner, but here is the setup ive been using:
JI2 >>B1 >>MB DB2 >>B3>> JI2>> DB3>> 22>> BF2 >> Mid Orb or Far Orb
Allows for any Orb and a safe foward dash.

EDIT: the combo is JI2 >>B1 >>MB DB1** >>B3>> JI2>> DB3>> 22>> BF2 >> Mid Orb or Far Orb