What's new

Breakthrough - Mileena Toss out your old BNB's. More Damage, Options, and Mixups.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Mileena players.

After only having a half day of work today I spent some more quality time in the lab with everyone's favourite vixen Mileena. What I have uncovered should change the way you play Mileena.

Our current BNB's usually look like this: Opener~roll B3~teleport air sai ENDER. (B12 1+2, F24~roll etc.)
Her optimal damage from these BNB's is usually around 34-35% depending on the starter, however they limit our options for our OKI and mixup game.

Check out the video below:

Say goodbye to B3~teleport Air Sai and hello to B34~sai. B34~sai allows the opponent to stay close enough for some more damaging enders like B21 2+3 as well as gives us options on the fly to Mileenas wakeup reversal, @premonition 's f23~roll setup, as well as her throw 50/50.

Since it allows us to hit B21~2+3 her damage is increased, so our new BNB is a complete improvement over the old.

The gem of using B34~sai in her combos is that it also allows us to run in and sweep leaving us with an option that once and for all eliminates 99% of wakeups. Sweep leaves us with enough cancel advantage to CONSISTENTLY bait and punish armor wakeups opening opponents up to her f4 and ex roll mixup.

Her NEW BNBS should be:

Damage
Opener~roll B34~sai Forward Run B21 2+3 = Damage Ender. (1-2% higher than her old BNB's real easy to do)

Setup
Opener~Roll B34~telekick = Land behind the opponent and reverses wakeups

Opener~Roll B34~sai F23~roll = @premotionist Wakeup setup

ANTI WAKEUP

Opener~Roll B34~Sai RC Sweep F12B4 = Hard Knockdown, consistent wakeup destruction.

So there you have it. You will find examples of all of these in the video above.
I hope we can expand upon and put these to good use :)

@Premonitionist
@Mr. Mileena
@Arkayne
@1man3letters
@Sultani
@JDE
@theGabStandard
@MajinBerserker
@Baconlord
@Pig Of The Hut
+all others i've missed

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Yooooo! Excellent, my man. Your lab time and work is greatly appreciated. I look forward to implementing this ASAP.
The anti wake-up possibilities are even better now.
One question, in regards to using EX Roll in the combo (in the case of using it for an armored wake up or mix up), did you test the B34-air sai to see if it connects after the EX Roll? I'm not at home to test, but was just curious. I personally get a lot of mileage out of EX Roll, is why I ask.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
That was a really good video, I love the idea of using sweep for baiting wakeups. Great find and I appreciate the work you have been sharing recently.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Yooooo! Excellent, my man. Your lab time and work is greatly appreciated. I look forward to implementing this ASAP.
The anti wake-up possibilities are even better now.
One question, in regards to using EX Roll in the combo (in the case of using it for an armored wake up or mix up), did you test the B34-air sai to see if it connects after the EX Roll? I'm not at home to test, but was just curious. I personally get a lot of mileage out of EX Roll, is why I ask.
That's a good question, I would like to believe it would connect but you would probably have to take one or two steps forward for the B3 to hit.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
@TakeAChance, Very nice find, man!

@Baconlord I usually tag people when ever they either post to me or what I see them post right then & there to make sure that they get it. I'll do my best to keep you in mind. This is my 1st time seeing you post here actually.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
@TakeAChance, Very nice find, man!

@Baconlord I usually tag people when ever they either post to me or what I see them post right then & there to make sure that they get it. I'll do my best to keep you in mind. This is my 1st time seeing you post here actually.
thanks. I joined the community about a year into injustice but only just started posting with the release of mkx

JDE

It's probably going to take a little longer for me to share the document that's being created now. I'm sure there are more things to look into now with the patch.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's probably going to take a little longer for me to share the document that's being created now. I'm sure there are more things to look into now with the patch.
Let me know if you need any help. I work a computer job in the mornings so I have time to kill sometimes at work.

This is WITHOUT the patch btw.

@1man3letters , I deserve a slap for not tagging you :(

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@1man3letters , I deserve a slap for not tagging you :(
haha no worries man, i posted that "good stuff" message just as you wrote one tagging me lol
the fact you can do sweep off this setup is prop my fav thing about it, some characters can get through b212+4 to f1 but cant after sweep so this very good to have in our bags now.
looking forward to the ex roll vid

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I'm whiffing, as well. Any trick to the run cancel or visual cue?
I'm trying multiple starters and getting inconsistent results with the B21 2+4 ender.

JDE

I got to land twice. I may just need to practice it more I guess.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Are you dashing foward to get b21,2+4 to land it after b34 & sais @TakeAChance? I'm whiffing the last part.
very slight run cancel forward. The timing is not bad at all when you get used to it.

Also,

I have increased the damage of ex ball cancels, but it is in no way practical so I don't see the point in posting it :(

Last edited:

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
sdfsfkhdlsfhdlfkjhsdlfjhlshiue0928u0e9yu1p929uep09u129n3xc27c-ix]=-3]-41-9=2-o-wx9m3-0289m-09!!!!!

( I literally slapped my hand back and forth on my keyboard and got that.)

Mother of god man! Good Shit!