What's new

Blue Moon is Godlike

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
KILLIANS FOR THE FUCKING WIN
Admittedly, I have yet to try it, but I'll make a conscious effort to in the immediate future! All I drink anymore really is Blue Moon, Negra Modelo and the occasional Arrogant Bastard Ale. BeerGuyEd should just turn this into an awesome beer thread, I give him my blessing!

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Keep it OG, drink Hoegaarden or Brugse Witte with a slice of lemon!! Real Belgian beer, made in Belgium!!
Only beer made here should be called Belgian!!

But (as a former malt master & beer freak) I would love to taste some of those US microbrewery beers!

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I actually originally thought you were talking about Blue Moon ice cream:(.

I've never heard of nor had the Blue Moon you're talking about, what does it taste like?

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Excellent anytime! I envy you Belgiums, American beer sucks unless it's a foreign recipe lol
Nah, you guys have to have great beers... Check your local microbrewery (and tell us, so we know what to drink abroad)!!
Beer thread for the win!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It is good, and you can drink it in two ways/tastes...
Ice cold it tastes like a regular dark beer, and slightly on temperature it becomes really sweet and alcy. It will also get you drunk quite fast!
yea i generally like it slightly cold with brown sugar on the rim. what can i say im a pussy lol

And you will get drunk pretty quick its 10.5% alcohol for god sake lol

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Finding/tasting new beers is a search that never stops. Gotta love those beer tastings with the buddies.
Edit: looks like we need to go taste those US beers too, "beer snobbing kicks ass" xD

Admittedly, I have yet to try it, but I'll make a conscious effort to in the immediate future! All I drink anymore really is Blue Moon, Negra Modelo and the occasional Arrogant Bastard Ale. BeerGuyEd should just turn this into an awesome beer thread, I give him my blessing!
I like me some awesome beer. Blue Moon though is not my thing. No offense as the Belgian Wit is not my favorite style to begin with. If I was to drink a commercial version of a Belgian Wit it would be Hoegararden. I think the Big Hoe as I like to call it has a better flavor profile with more coriander and orange coming through the beer as opposed to the fruit garnish. Liking Blue Moon is far from being a beer snob, as it is owned and made by one of the BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors).

I will also mention that my personal recipe for a Belgian Wit that I brew is much better an both Blue Moon and the Big Hoe. No bullshit either, you can ask Fly and Pig. I know that they had some of Orange Witty Monk at one of the level up sessions.

Any other beer knowledge I can drop to the MK community?

brownshugga.png

10% ABV, but doesn't have that nasty high alcohol taste like a lot of strong beers. You can down a six pack easily and be shitfaced.com in a heartbeat.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
There are so many amazing microbreweries in Michigan I could never choose a favorite. Arcadia, Dragonmead, Bells and Shorts are up there are some of my favs.

If I had to choose a favorite TYPE of beer though... i'm an IPA guy.