What's new

Blind Ducky Wins BMA BattleBorn #1 in Chico, CA!

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
With a spectacular run through the Winners bracket, Blind Ducky further proves why he is one of NorCal's elite players. He was clearly the man to beat, as he lost only three matches the entire night. Two of those three defeats, came from Mister Nanj in their Winners Finals match, which is easily the best set in the archive. Congratulations to Ducky for an amazing performance and winning the Lion's Share of the pot and a Reptile Replica Movie Mask!

RESULTS!!
1. Blind Ducky - Venomous/Swarm Queen D'Vorah
2. ThaTrueNinja - Tigrar Fury Goro, Shirai Ryu Takeda, Pyromancer Tanya
3. BW Sinister - Master of Souls Ermac, Unbreakable Sub-Zero

4. Forbidden Donut - Heavy Weapons/Pumped Up Jax
5. Mister Nanj - Warlock/Sorcerer Quan Chi
5. BMA | Odysseus - Heavy Weapons Jax
7. BMA | Kinetic Onslaught - Deceptive/Nimble Reptile
7. Jodi Bleek - Possessed Kenshi
9. SlyEli1 - Kenjutsu Kenshi
9. BMA | MadeFromMetal - Lackey/Ruthless Ferra/Torr
9. BMA | Bruin - Hollywood Cassie Cage, Bojutsu Kung Jin
9. Log Dog - Slasher Jason
13. Lone Crimson - Mournful Kitana
13. ToneLoki - Tigrar Fury Goro
13. RYS11B - Cybernetic Kano
13. D Hole - Tempest Kung Lao
17. Tishe King - Venomous D'Vorah​

BMA_banner.png

ThaTrueNinja took second place using a multitude of characters, although he relied on Takeda through most of the tournament. Through solid play and skill, he took the Silver Medal. Congratulations to him.

The surprise of the night came from BW Sinister, who came seemingly from out of nowhere and rekt many an unaware player (myself included) with his MoS Ermac. I recommend watching his matches in particular to see some of the slippery mind games he was able to play. Congratulations on taking the bronze!

The story will be told of the day that those Sacramento Boys came and took all them Chico Boys money and rode off into the sunset!

This was the first bigger-ish tournament that Odysseus and I have run, and it was an absolute blast. I'd like to thank everyone that came out to our tournament and I hope to see you all again soon. As a matter of fact, perhaps you wouldn't mind clearing your schedule on December 13, for BMA Battleborn #2 where 1st place will take a Guaranteed $500 and another MK themed prize! Come get you some last minute Christmas money! More details to come.

Bracket

Archive
*Sadly, we had an issue with our mic setup and none of the commentary came through on stream or in the match recordings. This will be fixed for our next event.

@Blind_Ducky, @SiNiSt3r, @Forbidden_Donut, @Odyessus

Attachments

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Mother fucker! A mkx tournament in my home town and I don't even know...wtf. Congrats to the winner though.

SiNiSt3r

Khaotic SiNiSt3r
Thank you guys so much for hosting this awesome tournament! It was a great experience and every bit as fun and exciting as I had hoped. Great people to be around and I can't wait to come out again and level up with you guys!