What's new

Guide - Mystic Big D's MKXL Mystic Ermac Guide!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Holy mother of fuck are these execution heavy!

I got the corner one in a few tries but the F4, DB4, B12, B12, F21D2, RC, F4, DB1 is so tough. The B12's are very finicky but the part that really has me stuck is connecting the RC F4. I just can't seem to catch the opponent with the F4 in time.

Awesome combos though. You've inspired me to pick up Ermac again and to play Mystic. I was kind of a Master of Souls snob at first.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I can't can't constantly land b12 after regular teleport.... help...
There's really not much you can do besides getting the timing down. As you probably know, it's insanely strict.

There aren't really any good visual cues either. With Ermac's back flipped towards the camera, you can KINDA rely on watching his arm after the teleport. He teleport, punch and then he will sort of bring his arm forward. He holds his arm out in the punch position for a second so the moment he folds it in you should hit B1. It's not really reliable for me as I tend to be fixated on all the movement happening.

A big problem for me at first was hitting B12 too quickly and having the B2 come out instead. Then there is the whole issue with accidentally hitting 1 and 2 too close together and doing the interactable shortcut.

I'm landing it a little more consistently now by teleporting and immediately holding Back so I could just focus on pressing 12 when the time is right. But even after you get that first B12 down, the 2nd B12 and the F21D2 timing is a real bitch too because they all have to come out at the absolute earliest possible frame in order to execute the RC, F4, DB1.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
There's really not much you can do besides getting the timing down. As you probably know, it's insanely strict.

There aren't really any good visual cues either. With Ermac's back flipped towards the camera, you can KINDA rely on watching his arm after the teleport. He teleport, punch and then he will sort of bring his arm forward. He holds his arm out in the punch position for a second so the moment he folds it in you should hit B1. It's not really reliable for me as I tend to be fixated on all the movement happening.

A big problem for me at first was hitting B12 too quickly and having the B2 come out instead. Then there is the whole issue with accidentally hitting 1 and 2 too close together and doing the interactable shortcut.

I'm landing it a little more consistently now by teleporting and immediately holding Back so I could just focus on pressing 12 when the time is right. But even after you get that first B12 down, the 2nd B12 and the F21D2 timing is a real bitch too because they all have to come out at the absolute earliest possible frame in order to execute the RC, F4, DB1.

Thanks for the tips. I'm focusing on just doing one b12 in the combo for now until I can have it down constantly then i'll try for two b12s.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@Big D , i dont know if this is known or if it could be done in the previous versions of the game, but you can combo off b124 into EX TKP midscreen. Might be good for closing a round. The timing into connecting EX TKP can be a bit tricky, but its piece of cake once you got it down.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
@Big D , i dont know if this is known or if it could be done in the previous versions of the game, but you can combo off b124 into EX TKP midscreen. Might be good for closing a round. The timing into connecting EX TKP can be a bit tricky, but its piece of cake once you got it down.
This is news to me, but I can see it since the EX TKP is very fast. Never thought about it. Thanks!

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO

Maybe something just clicked, but I started to connect the b12 after teleport about 80% of the time. Something I learned to watch for is the opponent's head should be at the same level as your hands (easy to tell since Mystic visual distinction is green glowing hands). If the head is above your hands, the b12 won't come out as input is too early, if the head is below your hands, you'll whiff.