What's new

Tech Batman's Reset

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
What are your favorite strings to MB rang off of. I am still getting his pressure down and I've pretty much only been using off 112. Mainly so I can hit confirm 11 into 3 and combo or 2 and MB rang. Can't some be poked out of?
I posted a thread on the low hitbox characters batmans strings whiff on if they are crouch blocking. 11(2) (2 will whiff) happens to be one of them if it connects from too far away just like b1(1). I use 12 (+ on block) to confirm into 123 and b11 to confirm into b113.

b11 and 112 are the only two strings he has that batarang can't be poked out of on block.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I posted a thread on the low hitbox characters batmans strings whiff on if they are crouch blocking. 11(2) (2 will whiff) happens to be one of them if it connects from too far away just like b1(1). I use 12 (+ on block) to confirm into 123 and b11 to confirm into b113.

b11 and 112 are the only two strings he has that batarang can't be poked out of on block.
even though 12 is + it can be poked out of in between 2 and the batarang? lame sauce

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Good luck trying to get the batarang out. Its currently a glitch that might be addressed in the next patch with release check off. 122 will always come out.
lol dammit. I hate the input glitches. Have you had the 112 intractable glitch happen? it so lame

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
He can do things like b112 release bats or sweep release bats and it will force the person to stand. The only problem with this is b112 and sweep recover way to slowly and you'll actually be negative when you try to follow up so its a complete waste.

What I like to do after a MB grapple: cb = call bats trait

J2 b11>cb gives you the following options = b113, f3, b3, b23, cross over j2 * note your opponent can MB out of a f3 or b3 follow up but that is ONLY if they are immediately stand blocking. If they are crouching and then try to do it on reaction it won't come out. Make them respect the low first.

J2 b1> cb gives you the following options = 123 (jails standing), throw, b113, MB f3/b3, b23

Cross over j2 scatter bombs = b23, 123 (jails standing), b113, Mb f3/b3

This is all great information! I shall add it to the body of the thread later when I'm on a computer

FinalBoss_FGC

So, after the patch, 12 can be canceled into Batarang...I think this instantly raises Batman's stock up hella high...now he can either MB Batarang on block, or hits low with 123 which is easily followed up by b2~mb sky grapple for 37% combo

Having fun with it RapZiLLa54 ??

Oh btw, kinda writing out a bman guide, hmu if you're down to help...thus far I got:

Combos, utilizing B23, F3 being safe on block and is useful for 50/50s, B3 being safe as well and using trait after, Best low option (b1), best overhead option (f3), Reset, and using MB Batarang on block

RapZiLLa54

So, after the patch, 12 can be canceled into Batarang...I think this instantly raises Batman's stock up hella high...now he can either MB Batarang on block, or hits low with 123 which is easily followed up by b2~mb sky grapple for 37% combo

Having fun with it RapZiLLa54 ??

Oh btw, kinda writing out a bman guide, hmu if you're down to help...thus far I got:

Combos, utilizing B23, F3 being safe on block and is useful for 50/50s, B3 being safe as well and using trait after, Best low option (b1), best overhead option (f3), Reset, and using MB Batarang on block
Since it doesn't combo its pretty much useless. 12 is already plus 6 on block so I don't need to waste a bar of meter just to be at more advantage again.

I rarely use MB batarangs in block strings because he has stuff like 12, 112 call bats, b11 call bats and then of course any blocked string release bats and repeat string or cross over jump.

I use them to keep a zoning game going, chip someone out, or for corner lockdown.

Sometime next week I'll have my guide up. Trying to figure out if I want to make one long video or break it up into segments.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Sometime next week I'll have my guide up. Trying to figure out if I want to make one long video or break it up into segments.
I think that it should be broken into segments. There's a lot of different aspects to cover with Batman, I think.

I know that you really weren't asking for thoughts on that but I thought that I'd throw that out there anyway, lol

RapZiLLa54

I think that it should be broken into segments. There's a lot of different aspects to cover with Batman, I think.

I know that you really weren't asking for thoughts on that but I thought that I'd throw that out there anyway, lol
No i appreciate it.... My only thing though is that we already have everything broken into segments on this forum to begin with. Is it really worth it to do it again.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
can someone link me to the explanation of how this reset works? I don't get it. Ive heard about it but I just cant find an explaination ever since the reset was found.

FinalBoss_FGC

No i appreciate it.... My only thing though is that we already have everything broken into segments on this forum to begin with. Is it really worth it to do it again.

How bout basically putting what you want in the guide...pretty much playing Batman. And take other things, like the Parry guide, and just putting the link on the thread? I just want Batman forum to be less messy and those new to Batman don't have to go here, there, and everywhere for information

FinalBoss_FGC

eklectic

it's basically ending a combo with MB Straight Grapple...once you're in front of them, doing NJ2, 22 or NJ2, B11 then that's the reset, meaning you both basically start at standing again...directly after your reset input..follow up with the 50/50 of b113 for low or f3 for overhead, or throw, or crossup

RapZiLLa54

How bout basically putting what you want in the guide...pretty much playing Batman. And take other things, like the Parry guide, and just putting the link on the thread? I just want Batman forum to be less messy and those new to Batman don't have to go here, there, and everywhere for information
Is it really a mess?

THeres a combo guide, parry guide, MU discussion and a reset thread. Three of those are stickied at the top of the page and will forever be the first three you see.

FinalBoss_FGC

Is it really a mess?

THeres a combo guide, parry guide, MU discussion and a reset thread. Three of those are stickied at the top of the page and will forever be the first three you see.
Then don't do it, damn...I just thought it'd be nice if we had one but if it's too much of a hassle then whatever. I mean, shit, you can find anything you need to know in Superman threads but they have 2 guides which are GUIDES on how to effectively use Superman. Same for damn near every other character. I think it's embarrassing that Batman is a top 8 character but we're the ones without a guide, that's all. Don't be so condescending.

RapZiLLa54

Then don't do it, damn...I just thought it'd be nice if we had one but if it's too much of a hassle then whatever. I mean, shit, you can find anything you need to know in Superman threads but they have 2 guides which are GUIDES on how to effectively use Superman. Same for damn near every other character. I think it's embarrassing that Batman is a top 8 character but we're the ones without a guide, that's all. Don't be so condescending.
I didn't mean to be nor was it my intention. I apologize if you took it that way.

FinalBoss_FGC

I didn't mean to be nor was it my intention. I apologize if you took it that way.
Just how you said it lol I mean, I can obviously tell all of them are stickied...but why should new Batmans have to look for the combo thread...go back then look for reset (no longer stickied idt)...go back then look for utilizing b23...ya know? Plus, I think your insight would be really helpful...seems like you know the ins and outs of Batman more than a lot of people

RapZiLLa54

Just how you said it lol I mean, I can obviously tell all of them are stickied...but why should new Batmans have to look for the combo thread...go back then look for reset (no longer stickied idt)...go back then look for utilizing b23...ya know? Plus, I think your insight would be really helpful...seems like you know the ins and outs of Batman more than a lot of people
Problem is a lot of people don't like reading lol so I'm trying to get a mic so I can record vocals while I record to explain things more. I play on a hitbox so unfortunately theres no mic jack

FinalBoss_FGC

Problem is a lot of people don't like reading lol so I'm trying to get a mic so I can record vocals while I record to explain things more. I play on a hitbox so unfortunately theres no mic jack
Have you seen Moron's Guide to Harley Quinn? At the beginning of the video it shows different options of different parts of the video that you can click and it skips right to it, consider doing that with all of the information that'll be in it...kinda like selecting scenes on a dvd

RapZiLLa54

Have you seen Moron's Guide to Harley Quinn? At the beginning of the video it shows different options of different parts of the video that you can click and it skips right to it, consider doing that with all of the information that'll be in it...kinda like selecting scenes on a dvd
No clue how to do that.