What's new

B2 after upraising

Been watching some EVO tourney vids and I noticed Kitana players were jump kick to fan throwing instead of b2. Is there a reason to this? Because I know that 2 dashes and b2 always lets you catch an air fan after and I think it does a decent bit more damage.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There is a reason, actually, though maybe not in the specific videos you're talking about.

For example, I know:

f41, dash, 2~fan lift

CANNOT be followed up with a b2~air fan or the fan will whiff, so you have to do jk~air fan. I think it has something to do with the height off the ground of the opponent when the fan lift hits.

There is a reason, actually, though maybe not in the specific videos you're talking about.

For example, I know:

f41, dash, 2~fan lift

CANNOT be followed up with a b2~air fan or the fan will whiff, so you have to do jk~air fan. I think it has something to do with the height off the ground of the opponent when the fan lift hits.
Not true. You simply have to wait till just before the fan lift ends to do the B2. This will give you the perfect height to connect with the fan afterwards.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Not true. You simply have to wait till just before the fan lift ends to do the B2. This will give you the perfect height to connect with the fan afterwards.
I know, but that makes it easier to drop. In other cases, fan lift can directly be b2'd into an air fan.

I've found that after using F4 to start, jumping forwards always provides you with the perfect timing and positioning to land a B2.

After getting a fan lift otherwise, I believe the strongest follow up is a NJP THEN a B2. Me and my friend experimented with this a bit. You can walk forwards all the way, dash forwards twice, or walk a little and dash once to get in perfect range for the NJP.