What's new

Tech - Cutthroat b121 power up is -7

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Probably known but I'll post this as a PSA. B121 NON-ex buff is -7 on block. You can get punished but only by a select few character with 6 frame jab OR Tempest Lao, Reptile and Cassie (Current build not sure sure if they change the frame data on EX spin and flipkick). The reason only Tempest can do it is because the pushback only allows for his EX spin to suck you in. Jacqui Briggs (aka Jacqui Rex) cannot punish you even though she has a 6f s1.

While being -7 is not optimal you get a safe activation and you can counter poke with EX Ball if you're feeling......................... Ballsy.

@ando1184
@bdizzle2700
@countrypistol
@Derptile
@FlappyDaniel
@MrInsaynne
@SaltShaker
@The Hex Man
@Youphemism
@ETC AdmiralAugustus
@Phosferrax
@Scott The Scot
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Spin is 7f. 6f normal can only punish -7 stuffs (and worse). Reptile ex slide is 6f but that's horrible damage for 1 bar. Cassie's flip is 6f but in the beta they change it to 7f.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
6 frames jabs do not punish something at -6. In the future the only person that will punish this is reptile, since he can reversal EX slide which is 6 frames startup and Cassies flip will be nerfed to 7 frames startup. Lao's spin is 7 frames as a reversal, but it would be 8 frames in total not as a reversal.

Anyway, nice job! I don't know anything about cutthroat :p

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I have like never ever used regular power up. ;p
It's great in the corner, mediocre midscreen. The great thing is you have another option off of b121. B12 slice (-5 on block), B12 EX Buff (+ a billion on block), b121 (0 on block), b121 slice (-5 on block), b121 buff (-7 on block) AND you can hit confirm into a full combo or b121 ball for 18% meterless

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Niiiiiiiiiiiice, interesting to know.
6 frames jabs do not punish something at -6. In the future the only person that will punish this is reptile, since he can reversal EX slide which is 6 frames startup and Cassies flip will be nerfed to 7 frames startup. Lao's spin is 7 frames as a reversal, but it would be 8 frames in total not as a reversal.

Anyway, nice job! I don't know anything about cutthroat :p
If flip is 7 frames and B121~powerup is -7 then flip will still punish it on reversal. And Lao's spin is always 7 frames, it doesn't go up to 8 if it's not done as a reversal.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
You can always try raiden with f1 6f punish for -7..and if you want to be sure its not more than -9 try 1,1 punish at 8f.

Last edited: