What's new

AvoidingThePuddle by Aris ft. Ricksteeezy & Reepal: MKX Balance, Patches & Netcode!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Everyone should watch/listen to this. Aris, Reepal and RickSteeezy discuss some the major/current hot topics with MKX. In addition to that, they have really good points about MKX in general.

Talks about Ermac's Glitch. Subzero. Kung Jin etc.
(language may be NSFW)
Starts at min 20:25.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

gamesun

Noob
I pretty much agree with Aris in that Ermac isn't gonna win anything but if he does it would only put more pressure on NRS to patch the issue faster.

Who else thinks Aris looks like Ed Boon if Ed had been lost on an island for like 4 years? :DOGE

SZSR

Noob
I think Aris makes an interesting argument, it is broken in the aspect that it wasn't an intended development but he goes on to say it's unalike actual banned maneuvers like Hilde's ring out combo from SCIV or Gambit's jump off the screen time out bug, that essentially gives you instant wins.

Even when Rip argues it saying that you can earn one bar in a combo and then develop more meter after a poke, he still admits this is all theory, and that we haven't seen it in practice. And the lack of seeing it in practice is what Aris seems to believe that this was just a community knee-jerk reaction rather than banning something akin to the above bugs.

Here's the thing, tournament organizers live and die by their attendance. Let them ban what they want to ban.

It's easy to sit here and spell out our philosophy on what we think ought to be banned and what shouldn't be banned.

But if their tournament gets low attendance because people don't want to pay money to lose unfairly, they take the hit. Their tournament gets screwed. People can sit around and say "whaaaaat, how could you ban this??" but the fact is we aren't the ones losing severely if something were to dramatically effect attendance.

I mean the whole "let it see the light of day at least once" isn't really enough if you're the tournament organizer, and "just once" means YOUR event getting screwed, while subsequent events after the patch not having to take the hit.

I can see were Aris is coming from. However, although I'm not a tourney player, a lot of people spend their good earned cash to go to these tournaments, at times hundreds of dollars. I don't think it would be wise to use a major as a testing ground or a litmus test first to determine a ban. It could warrant a lot of backlash and damage for the game, especially in this day and age were information spreads like wildfire.

What I do agree with Aris is who has the say if tech is warranted in a ban or not (the "jedi councel" as Aris called it). It could set a dangerous precedent as far as tech, to the point where most players would want to withhold any strats they may feel would be removed. This is all hypothetical of course.

Interested in others take on this.