What's new

Atlanta Kombat Arena Week #8 Results - YOMI MITYEAP wins Mortal Kombat X

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Over a week ago, Denzell Terry, the blood brother of Malik Terry, not only laid waste to his opponents at Midwest Championships, but he also seized Yomi Gaming's throne from the grasp of his teammates. Now that The Commonwealth, Virginia's new FGC major event, has come to pass, the Yomi crew has reconvened in preparation for East Coast Throwdown, scheduled for this weekend.

A series of surprising twists took place in this week's bracket. First, DJT was dealt an early appointment with the Loser's Bracket courtesy of a talented Mileena player named YOMI RM SaltFace, who pocketed his former main character, Cassie Cage, as a back-up.

Secondly, two of Yomi Gaming's regular top placers, Forever King and Slayer, failed to crack the Top 8. YOMI RM JagoBlake surprised players with his handle of Displacer Raiden, only to crumble before the might of the Terry Brothers. YOMI RM Xenomorph's Cassie Cage also displayed signs of progress taking home 7th place.

After YOMI MITYEAP's Scorpion dropped SaltFace into the lowest layers of Hell, his brother Denzell Terry was graced with a rematch during Loser's Finals. However, SaltFace would not be denied his chance for revenge. He proceeded to eliminate the reigning champion from the bracket, leaving another rematch between him and MIT to occur in Grand Finals. But much to SaltFace's dismay, he found himself unable to decipher the strategy Malik utilized with Hellfire Scorpion.

The belt belongs to Malik Terry once again! Congratulations to him for his well-earned victory. The team now eagerly anticipates their journey to ECT for their next chance at glory!

AKA Week 8 Grand Finals.png

Bracket link: http://challonge.com/mkx6915

As of this week, the list of players who made the Top 8 for each bracket will be featured in all entries by Yomi Gaming. Check it out!

1st Place - YOMI MITYEAP
2nd Place - YOMI RM SaltFace
3rd Place - YOMI DJT
4th Place - YOMI Michaelangelo
5th Place - Forever King Jr. and YOMI RM JagoBlake
7th Place - YOMI REO and YOMI RM Xenomorph

If you missed our broadcast...no need to worry! We have a playlist prepared for your convenience, linked below.

Week #8 Playlist for Atlanta Kombat Arena

If you're living in Atlanta or any surrounding areas, the doors of Yomi Gaming are open to you! We host Mortal Kombat X every Tuesday evening, along with three other popular fighting game titles. In addition, you are free to visit any day of the week for practice (excluding this weekend as we will be closed temporarily due to ECT). If you have any questions, please message myself or YOMI Reno Racks directly.

The address is:

643 Shelton Ave
Atlanta, GA, 30310

And do not forget to follow us on our YouTube and Twitch TV pages! We have archives of all our locals happening every week so that nobody is left stranded in the dust.

Yomi Gaming YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsOf2h9Fl8_-j8cGNEUsbFg

Yomi Gaming Twitch TV Channel - http://www.twitch.tv/yomi_gaming

Slymind

Noob
Saltface's Mileena is so good, just need to be a bit more careful on those ex-rolls, given how punishable they are, other than that, i can see him making top 8 in many majors ahead, and even taking the 1st place.

That aside, DJT is hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing the whole stream when he was on the mic.

Pound IC

Noob
Saltface's Mileena is so good, just need to be a bit more careful on those ex-rolls, given how punishable they are, other than that, i can see him making top 8 in many majors ahead, and even taking the 1st place.

That aside, DJT is hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing the whole stream when he was on the mic.
DJT was definitely MVP on the mic, he was so funny!