What's new

ASUS VH236H LCD Monitor - The Best (the EVO monitor)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Boxy, I just put my 40 inch 1080 on 720 with game mode. Certainly helps a ton, isn't perfect but eh, I haven't noticed a huge difference between that and my 17 inch 2ms monitor.
That's what I've got mine on, except it's a 32".
I mean, compared to your regular string of Asus at a tournament, it's not horrible, but there's definitely a noticeable difference, especially when it comes to the more sensitive tricks, ala NDC's or Cyblax bomb juggles, and when Im online against people who ARE playing with higher-standard stuff, it's easy to see the difference.
Fucking frustrating.

This is a dumb question, but why exactly is MK9 so TV-sensitive?
I see the Marvels and SC's of the world being played on regular, or at least not glorious setups, and nothing really goes wrong.
Is it everyone/game? Or are we the only one with this problem?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Hey guys- I have had my ASUS monitor for awhile now and I am overall satisfied. However, I would like to do something about the sound because I also use it for my Blue-Ray player and other media functions. Does anyone know how I can set up a simple set of separate speakers? I would be fine using the headphone jack but it is disabled while using the HDMI port. I am on Xbox 360 btw. 9.95 I know you have some technical knowledge Phil, so I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
it's not horrible, but there's definitely a noticeable difference, especially when it comes to the more sensitive tricks, ala NDC's or Cyblax bomb juggles, and when Im online against people who ARE playing with higher-standard stuff, it's easy to see the difference.
Honestly, I haven't noticed the difference between mine with those settings and a 2ms monitor, even been pulling off Rep's NJP pretty consistently online these days

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Yep, plug and play bro. Just grab a $3 dollar hdmi cable off of Amazon and you're golden. If you keep a watchful eye, ye can snag this monitor for as low as $130 at times. Well worth it if you don't own a crt.

Noob
Hey guys- I have had my ASUS monitor for awhile now and I am overall satisfied. However, I would like to do something about the sound because I also use it for my Blue-Ray player and other media functions. Does anyone know how I can set up a simple set of separate speakers? I would be fine using the headphone jack but it is disabled while using the HDMI port. I am on Xbox 360 btw. 9.95 I know you have some technical knowledge Phil, so I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Make sure you check which port you put the speakers into... there are 2... one is a green one and one is a black one. The black one IS functional when you're using HDMI...

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
What is a hdmi cable? Sorry lol im a scrub at this shit
If ye want to go on the cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/DVI-Gear-HDMI-Cable-Feet/dp/B0002L5R78/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331139392&sr=1-1

That cable worked fine for me until I tripped over it breaking off the connector.

I currently use this cable, of much higher quality. Both will work fine though.

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ultra-Ethernet-Certified-Available/dp/B001A5PDKQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331139338&sr=1-3

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Using expensive HDMI cables and expecting a better quality image is a myth. They carry data for which the signal does not degrade unlike older analogue cables. Its like expecting a better quality print out by using a different printer cable.

Noob
Using expensive HDMI cables and expecting a better quality image is a myth. They carry data for which the signal does not degrade unlike older analogue cables. Its like expecting a better quality print out by using a different printer cable.
In my experience, the cheapo HDMI work just as well as Belkin and Monster... however with those, you get much higher fail rates due to poor BUILD QUALITY... while they work just fine, they fall apart due to poor materials used for the plastic and such.

Ultraspec is not the lowest price, it's below average, but not the cheapo stuff. summoning has great quality in terms of both functionality and build quality... his stuff doesn't fall apart on you. Better yet, you'd be supporting a TYM member's business, as well as TYM and Kombat Network by buying from him!

Noob
9.95 hey phil do you have any experience with xbox to vga from ultra spec I bumped this thread but it got burried.
Yes... simply put, this is THE BEST WAY to take any HDTV that you're having lag issues with(providing the TV has a VGA input) and essentially remove the lag from it... or decrease it to a thoroughly playable point.

We had issues at The Gamers Edge with the Panasonic TV's they had... people complained of Lag all the time and we couldn't figure it out. We tried the Xbox 360 VGA cables from Ultraspec and it solved the lag issue.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
xbox 360 VGA cable is analog , so there will be less lag yes, also depends on the monitor for ghosting actually usually with our brand its minimal. You can pick these cables up via amazon , look for ultra spec cables as the seller or directly buy off of our site

thanks for the support

DirtyBalls

Banned
I own an asus vh236h and im having some audio problems. Everything sounds great when i use youtube but once i start playing any game it makes a really bad static noise. My monitor is connected to a ps3 via HDMI if that helps.