What's new

ASUS VH236H LCD Monitor - The Best (the EVO monitor)

aj1701

Noob
Anyone have any experience with Sony KDL-46Z5100? They never released a response time for that. I'm guessing I should at least turn on game mode.

Not to derail the thread, but, SepticFlesh, have you heard or read about the new project with Brett Hinds, Ben Weinman, Thomas Pridgen and Eric Avery? That's a lot of sickness for one band.

Sorry, I just noticed the Mastodon shirt and figured I'd talk prog for a moment.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I bought that Asus today. I also stupidly bought an HDMI cable, not realizing my xbox is an older model. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out another $30 to get a VGA cable tomorrow.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Update on that Asus I bought. It's awesome. Easily the best you can buy for the pricetag. I definitely feel like I'm going to be prepared for tourneys with those/similar monitors.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Asus gaming monitors

Does anyone know exactly what monitor was used at evo? Im about to buy one but what else do I need?

I need connections for ps3 and xbox so I'm assuming I need

1)monitor
2) and 3) connections for both xbox and ps3

shura30

Shura
i'm in the process of buying a new monitor because my 42" plasma (no lag at all) is going burn in
and it's a shame to watch movies characters with a fully loaded xray (like they could unleash them LOL)

reading around i've found that beside that terrible ghetto timer test with split signal between a crt and lcd there is the rock band 2 calibration test which allow user to see the actual ms delay (you need to use a gh2 branded controller with calibration built in feature)

has someone tested this asus with rock band2?

xAnnunaki

tethysocean
I use an HP 2159m, this is the lcd monitor that came with my pc. I used to have a pretty sick set up with an old 19" crt monitor and the HP hooked up to my pc/ps3/xbox. Bascially I'd use the crt for the older classic mk's on mame and the lcd for mk9 etc. but when my pc died and I found it it's like the only friggin pc with a reverse motherboard and it was gonna take to much to fix I had to dismantle it all. This emachines pc just doesnt cut it, being it doesn't even have dvo ports OR hdmi ports, wtf? Only thing I hate about the HP monitor is the speakers, they go out fast and easy and you can barely hear them anyway. I'm def. gonna be buying an Asus soonish.

http://reviewlcdmonitor.com/great-price-hewlett-packard-hp-2159m-21-5-16x9-for-180-71/

hello
i buy an ASUS vk 246h, this screen is LAGFREE!!
100% lagfree
if any of u need an lagfree screen, buy this because the evo screen is not available anymore ( in europe)

R.E.L.

Noob
Tim - I've noticed zero difference in lag between the VH236 and the VH238. The tech difference between the two is that the VH238 has sharper and more color.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Tim - I've noticed zero difference in lag between the VH236 and the VH238. The tech difference between the two is that the VH238 has sharper and more color.
The VH238 is the LED model.. It has the exact same hardware except it is lit up with LEDs in the back panel.

McNasty

Moist.
Hey guys I just picked up a VH238H and Ive run into a small issue. I have a non-HDMI xbox360 so I purchased the VGA input from Ultra Spec and its having ghosting issues mainly with text Ive tried changing everything it will let me in settings but it wont do 1080p in the VGA settings without the little HD switch on the cable itself anyone else have a similar issue or know a way around it?

here is the cable:http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Cable-3-5MM-Adapter/dp/B003QNDDXO/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_t_4

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I played around with the settings as much as I could to lower lag, but it's still nowhere near acceptable for tournament practice.
I've got the exact same problem...solid internet, solid pad, way-behind-standard TV :(.

Definitely picking up one of these if/when I get the funds together. Arigatou, Static-San.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I've got the exact same problem...solid internet, solid pad, way-behind-standard TV :(.

Definitely picking up one of these if/when I get the funds together. Arigatou, Static-San.
Boxy, I just put my 40 inch 1080 on 720 with game mode. Certainly helps a ton, isn't perfect but eh, I haven't noticed a huge difference between that and my 17 inch 2ms monitor.