What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

i think they should have toned down the dmg, instead of straight up remove it. 51% mid screen no meter, WAS a lot, but.... now i wonder, what are they removing? just the otg after air throw? i didnt catch the stream, and am still at werk.

absolutely all of my bnb's had the cloud OTG in it. very upset.

Well what options will we have now? Will air throw's effectiveness be drastically diminished... Smoke bomb to an extent as well, guess it can still combo from b+ bp but doesn't leave much room for long strings after that does it?

Ok so I still managed a 37% but it needs one of those brutal neutral jump punches so it isn't easy.

:fk:d:fp:bp, neutral jp, dash, :fk:d:fp:bp, :r:bk

i got so used to 44-51% combos i forgot what his non otg combos do...
3, d1, 2 dash 3,d1,2 jk xx air throw should do thirty something %.
or 3,d1,2 NJ.1 dash, 3,d1,2 etc etc but im not used to the timing on the NJ yet. IMA MISS THE OTG.

oh and i dont think it will be drastically diminished. jk air thow is now an ender-only.

i got so used to 44-51% combos i forgot what his non otg combos do...
3, d1, 2 dash 3,d1,2 jk xx air throw should do thirty something %.
or 3,d1,2 NJ.1 dash, 3,d1,2 etc etc but im not used to the timing on the NJ yet. IMA MISS THE OTG.

oh and i dont think it will be drastically diminished. jk air thow is now an ender-only.
Oh wow I didn't know this before but it's actually possible to land the jk~air throw off of the "3,d1,2 NJ.1 dash, 3,d1,2", but it only does 1% more at 38% and requires perfect dash cancelling.

EDIT: Perfect by my standards, maybe it's simple for more experienced fighters.

EDIT2: OMG, right now that combo causes a reset on the OTG smoke bomb, 60% could be possible with this, maybe they knew this, that would be totally broken.

Oh wow I didn't know this before but it's actually possible to land the jk~air throw off of the "3,d1,2 NJ.1 dash, 3,d1,2", but it only does 1% more at 38% and requires perfect dash cancelling.

EDIT: Perfect by my standards, maybe it's simple for more experienced fighters.

EDIT2: OMG, right now that combo causes a reset on the OTG smoke bomb, 60% could be possible with this, maybe they knew this, that would be totally broken.
so the first combo i listed does 37%?

edit: i would test but im at werk..

so the first combo i listed does 37%?

edit: i would test but im at werk..
Nono your first one does 33%, the one i mentioned above does 37% (very similar to your second just with and ender). Then from reading your post I realised it was possible to connect the jk~throw onto it, dealing 38%, if you then OTG smoke bomb it RESETS THE COMBO. being able to easily do over 20% after a smoke bomb, I managed to get a 61% combo, which is absolutely ridiculous that someone of my skill level can achieve,

Nono your first one does 33%, the one i mentioned above does 37% (very similar to your second just with and ender). Then from reading your post I realised it was possible to connect the jk~throw onto it, dealing 38%, if you then OTG smoke bomb it RESETS THE COMBO. being able to easily do over 20% after a smoke bomb, I managed to get a 61% combo, which is absolutely ridiculous that someone of my skill level can achieve,
all we can hope for now is that instead removing it, they just scale or nerf it.

Synraii

So Salty...
If they remove it, they'd better nerf Kung Lao as well: I ate a 60% zero meter off of one online due to du+2 being apparently uninterruptible online...

Not looking too bad so far, can still do 41% on a punish if a final bomb can hit, 38% otherwise. Seems like its 3 hits to kill instead of 2. Neutral jump punches are so much harder to land than OTG smoke bombs though.

Zebster

How's my volume?
If they remove it, they'd better nerf Kung Lao as well: I ate a 60% zero meter off of one online due to du+2 being apparently uninterruptible online...
Tom mentioned that Kung Lao (and Ermac) will be getting their damage toned down a bit.

Not looking too bad so far, can still do 41% on a punish if a final bomb can hit, 38% otherwise. Seems like its 3 hits to kill instead of 2. Neutral jump punches are so much harder to land than OTG smoke bombs though.
i agree, the timing of the otg was wide, but the timing of the NJ p after launch is tight as sht.

Whats the highest mid combo, no meter now?

i'm guessing,
3,d1,2, NJP, 3,d1,2, smokebomb(?), jk xx air throw

anyone wit access to lab can confirm?

Synraii

So Salty...
He's still got good options by the wall so it's not all doom and gloom considering your combo ending options can position the opponent pretty much anywhere.
Sure he's gonna lose garunteed damage, but we're not exactly getting our arms cut off I guess. :/
Edit:
BRAINWAVE!
Change otg smoke bomb so it still works as normal, but only IF you use the enhanced version - sound fair?

Zebster

How's my volume?
He's still got good options by the wall so it's not all doom and gloom considering your combo ending options can position the opponent pretty much anywhere.
Sure he's gonna lose garunteed damage, but we're not exactly getting our arms cut off I guess. :/
Edit:
BRAINWAVE!
Change otg smoke bomb so it still works as normal, but only IF you use the enhanced version - sound fair?
Hm... could give me a reason to actually use enhanced anything with smoke.

qu3n

Noob
hey ive been messing around in the practice room since i heard they were patching smoke and i got a 42% combo without using smokebomb otg.

jump-in punch, 3,d1,2, NJP, dash, (second dash if you want to), 3,d1,2, dash 3, d1 cancel to smokebomb, jk xx air throw

this will land a 42% if you can get the smokebomb to hit. If you do this combo without the njp its only about 37%.

41% combo with no smoke bomb or airthrow
3,d1,2, NJP, dash, dash, 3,d1, dash 3,d1,2, f4

I have also started using 2,1,4 more with the Smoke cloud teleport to put more pressure on the oppentent. Doing 2,1 cancel to smoke bomb is also a great setup to carry them to the corner with 3,d1,2 or 3,2

First of all, how do you practically start a combo with a jump punch? Second will 3, d1, 2, smoke bomb work? I would of thought that was the same as an OTG bomb.

And what do you guys do on the wall? I can't really find anything different, but I usually prefer to stay away from corner anyway.

First of all, how do you practically start a combo with a jump punch? Second will 3, d1, 2, smoke bomb work? I would of thought that was the same as an OTG bomb.

And what do you guys do on the wall? I can't really find anything different, but I usually prefer to stay away from corner anyway.
good questions; im tryna find out if 3,d1,2 xx smoke will be removed or not, i'll update with what i find.

also in regards to da corner... try experimenting with an uppercut in the middle of the combo. sometimes it launches them backwards, but sometimes it launches them straight up. just a thought.

EDIT: Tom Brady says just the smoke otg after an air throw is coming out. makes sense why it will still work in a string like 3,d1,2xxbomb because they never bounce otg.

EDIT: Tom Brady says just the smoke otg after an air throw is coming out. makes sense why it will still work in a string like 3,d1,2xxbomb because they never bounce otg.
In that case high 40-50% should still be possible seeing as a good 20% is possible after a smoke bomb.

Well one that I just pulled off.
:fk:d:fp:bp, NJP, dash, :fk:bp, smoke bomb, :fk:d:fp:bp, jk~air throw - 43%\

EDIT: I don't think I can hit these reliably enough to use effectively. I'd take the easier 38% over these much harder to perform combos really.

REYTHEGREAT

is everyone connecting 3,d1,2 100% of the time? ive been used to doing 3,2 all the time that 3,d1,2 seems a bit hard for me lol.