What's new

Arthritic Basher Wins "Southern Hostility": Kentucky Gaming Alliance's (KGA) MONTHLY

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
There were two tournaments: A singles tournament with 27 participants (Round Robin, then Top8 was double elimination) and a 2v2 consisting of 10 teams (double elimination). We didn't conclude the tournament until 1am so shoutouts to Lenny a.k.a KGA LRock for keeping cool and running the tourney and to everyone for hanging in there until the end, we all had a great time!
Singles MKX RESULTS (payout- 70/20/10)
Top 8 for this month:
1) Arthritic Basher (A-List Johnny Cage)
2) Freddie Mason (A-List Johnny Cage)
3) Lenny Vowels/KGA LRock (Brawler Cassie/GM Sub Zero)
4) Christopher Street/KGA Calibrate (Pumped Up Jax)
5) Hollywood DMS (Hollywood Cassie)
5) Matt Smith (Brawler Cassie/Bojutsu Kung Jin)
7) Pat (Summoner Quan Chi)
7) Mitch Moriarty (Sorcerer Quan Chi /Noxious Reptile)

2v2 MKX RESULTS (payout- only winner takes all)
Top 3 finishes this month:

1) "Hollywood DMS" + Victoria aka "Royal Stormy"
(Hollywood Cassie Cage + Royal Storm Kitana)

2) Christopher Street aka "KGA Calibrate" + J.Baucum aka "Reverend Popoff"
(Pumped Up Jax + Noxious Reptile)

3) Nathan Singleton + Matthew Smith
(Full Auto Jacqui/Bone Shaper Shinnok/others + Brawler Cassie/Pumped Up Jax)

I had just moved to Louisville in July, and joined this scene within the past few weeks. The vibe of the environment is that the title of winner each month is seemingly a battle between KENTUCKY vs. TENNESSEE and Arthritic took the singles title for KY this month. Congrats to him!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Already is becoming one, salt knows no border.
Thanks for posting this! I was just about to do it myself.

I enjoyed the format of this monthly. There were 4 pools of 7, and you had to do FT2 Round Robin and acquire the most wins to get out, so there was no dodging anyone. The Cage Family dominated the month of August. I know for a fact that Arthritic swept all of his opponents 2-0, and I only dropped one game to a Kenshi player on my way to top 8. I wanted an undefeated Cassie vs. undefeated Johnny battle, but at the same time didn't want to deal with those A-list plus frames because I love pressing buttons. Pat's Summoner Quan was really good. The score doesn't reflect his skill level, I just couldn't let him play the game.

Shoutouts to (WHO I THOUGHT WAS MY CASSIE BRETHREN) Lenny for that SCUMBAG Sub-Zero counterpick to send me to losers! The pixel ending of the 2nd match made me so salty that I couldn't focus for the rest of Top 8 and got mopped by Street's Jax. Thankfully, I got to run it back in the team tournament after I calmed down. I swept everyone except Nathan's Boneshaper, and had to beat Street twice to take the whole tournament. The winner take all stipulation made it all the more satisfying :).

Last edited:

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Cool, no problem. May I bring this to the attention of my artist friend, Mr Q aka @Arkayne?? :coffee:
Are you both on Facebook? I am Victoria Dobiyah on there, and if you both add me, I can add you to the group so that you can see the sketches and the general theme we are aiming for. Quite naturally, we wish for something unique, and something that distinguishes Kentucky from other scenes ( besides just the Derby lol )

They had a really good idea for a logo and for tournament "trophies" too, check it out :)

KGA LRock checking in, and thanks for all the shoutouts from both Calvin (salty as he may be) and Victoria. It was awesome finally getting to meet you both! :)

To answer a couple of questions... when it comes to KY vs. TN, the salt is already a thing. As long as our members are making the drive down to Antioch or Memphis and you guys come to see us, it's gonna be real as hell.

As it pertains to the logo, we currently have one on our team shirts (still working on making more of those available), but I believe the team is currently working on a new one. I'm not 100% certain because I'm not a part of that project.

Anyway, be on the lookout for the announcement of the next monthly. I think we're looking towards the 19th for the date, but I can't confirm that juuuuuust yet. Keep it real everyone! :)

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Are you both on Facebook? I am Victoria Dobiyah on there, and if you both add me, I can add you to the group so that you can see the sketches and the general theme we are aiming for. Quite naturally, we wish for something unique, and something that distinguishes Kentucky from other scenes ( besides just the Derby lol )

They had a really good idea for a logo and for tournament "trophies" too, check it out :)
You can add me on Facebook

" Quentin Ross". Facebook.com/Arkayne

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'll ask for sure.

Hey btw we are putting together a tourney in Knoxville for November. Probably going to be pretty decent, Yomi boys might show up, too. Just lettin you know now!
I heard about it, but I won't be traveling to tournaments for awhile. I just graduated and I'm job hunting. I think KIT is my next Major.