What's new

Armored Kombat X

Armor moves need to be made vulnerable to throws.
They overcentralize the game because even though they cost 1 bar, the vast majority of them are completely safe and lead to 30%+ combos and can't be baited due to either an extremely fast recovery or they leave you across the screen impossible to punish on whiff
Once both players have 1 bar, the game gets extremely campy because you can't pressure anymore due to fear of armor because there's no way to stop it

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I just watched the Fatal 8 tournament with some of the world's best MK players fighting it out. I saw nothing campy about how they were playing. Use of armored moves seemed quite normal, nothing abusive.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Armor moves need to be made vulnerable to throws.
They overcentralize the game because even though they cost 1 bar, the vast majority of them are completely safe and lead to 30%+ combos and can't be baited due to either an extremely fast recovery or they leave you across the screen impossible to punish on whiff
Once both players have 1 bar, the game gets extremely campy because you can't pressure anymore due to fear of armor because there's no way to stop it
Armored moves are needed to escape 50/50's on wake up. That being said there are MANY ways around armor.

The armor in MKX is actually done very well.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
So after the first hit then... Its pretty much over... Only option is to stand there freaking out... Must be scary
All these matches of people just doing it wrong...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I always seem to play wrong characters. I dunno about you OP but my armored moves are less safe than their meterless variants... Unless the latter already unsafe as f, that's it.

E

Eldriken

of all the things you could complain about it's one-hit armor that lasts maybe a second at best
This. Armor seems to only last for a few amount of startup frames and then it's gone.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I can break through most passive armored wakeups with Raiden's 214 string into DF2 EX for a full combo punish.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I can break through most passive armored wakeups with Raiden's 214 string into DF2 EX for a full combo punish.
Pretty sure you can opt for (b3)[2] for the same effect (only TG obviously). Not sure about every wakeup, so maybe not fastest, then again, some people report that slides get stuffed sometimes...

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm almost sure that 90% of the people who want armor gone or punishable are Kung Jin players that want to safe bullshit 50-50 all day from half screen

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Armored moves are needed.
If it wasn't for that you could easily rush down people, corner trap them etc.

And I personally have not been combo'd 30%+ after someone used an armored wake-up.
It's usually used to escape a corner or relief pressure as far as I can see.
Ontop of that, I've not encountered anyone "campy" apart from people who zone which is part of zoning I suppose.
Also, a lot of armored moves can be punished actually.
Only a handful are safe.

I really don't get the complaint in this topic.
Sounds to be like you just can't deal properly with them and don't anticipate them to begin with trying to rush people down.
Come to think of it, it sounds like you are specifically having issues with Liu Kang.

Last edited: