What's new

Arkham Knight - any good?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Multiple people around here got it.

It's very, very good although does have some problems depending on who you ask.

Some people don't like the Battle Mode of the Batmobile. Some people have problems with the story.

But overall, yes, definitely good. Even the bad reviews are saying it's good in most ways. 90 metacritic.

Oh, but if you're thinking about getting it on PC, definitely don't do that.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I'm only an hour in, but it's been a lot of fun. Hauling ass through Gotham has been awesome. The car combat is pretty meh though. Kind of repetitive. Being so early though, that could change. Maybe There will be some bitchin upgrades later.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I haven't been doing anything else but playing it over the last few days. I do have a couple of problems but it's undoubtedly one of my favourite games of all time at this point. Probably give it a 9.5/10.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It's fantastic and definitely the darkest game of the series. It's also beautiful and I'm enjoying the story so far (not quite done yet though).

The only problem I have is the over-reliance on the Batmobile. I'd be lying if I said by the umpteenth tank mission I wasn't letting out audible groans of annoyance.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I agree with the others, it is avery good game however the over-reliance on the Batmobile gts pretty annoying after awhile if car combat isnt really your thing.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Just wondering if anyone got the new Batman game and how good it is?
It depends, are you talking abount console or PC? Console seems to work pc is broken like mkx sadly storms. Game is good oustide of pc imo. I so didn't want it on pc but glad i got it on xbone.

EDIT: I am hating on all pc releases now. Sick of dealing with broken shit. I am glad WB pulled the Batman From Steam. IMO WB & NRS should of did the same with MKX no offense both are garbage and a disgrace to each IP on pc IMO and many others`

RexxyC

what's done is done
You can tell the team at Rocksteady seriously loves the DC Universe. There are tons of references to not just Batman, but other heroes and villains in the universe.

Honestly; they did a superb job closing out the trilogy. I have a few nitpicky things, but the major thing would of course be how much the plot leans on that tank of a car. You might actually spend the same amount of time in the tank as you do on the ground, it gets completely out of hand. The combat is super fluid but can feel a little cheap at times considering they introduced a new enemy type whose express purpose is to tackle you to the ground to break your combo. Also now you have Electric Shielded enemies and enemies who act as medics to people you knock out. Mr. Hammer from AC has been replaced by nondescript tall guy the side missions can be a bit repetitive, and the main mystery of the game ceases to even be mysterious within 2 hours of the game being played because they all but yell the Arkham Knights identity at you repeatedly throughout the plot.

In the end, buy it; play it. it's great. do it.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
I'm surprisingly OK with the Batmobile stuff/how much you use the Batmobile, and this is coming from someone who didn't even want it in the game pre-release. It was pretty obvious it was going to be a big part of the game from the beginning, anyway.

Even the Battle Mode stuff is fine to me. Doesn't feel particularly Batman-y but it's cool.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The game is absolutely amazing. From the moment you start a new game it's graphics are mind blowing. The story and gameplay was so addicting that I stayed up for 2 days straight to finish it and there is still tons of side content and new game plus.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
so far i've been really happy with it. the combat system is fun, which is usually my biggest gripe with these games. The multiplier is rewarding, and the mixup of strike, projectile, grapple gun, parry, dodge and the stagger move is a blast. Throw in batmobile assists and weapon using, nice animations and cool takedown moves, you won't get bored of it if you chose to use all the abilities. Flying/gliding or driving around the city is a blast and you move really well, and I know i've seen complaints about the batmobile... They are unwarranted as far as i'm concerned. Great transition from driving to tank mode, i think they did a great job with this game.

and...

Kevin Conroy is the only voice actor for Batman to me.

ruff321

Noob
Amazing. The reliance on the Batmobile is a legitimate criticism. Too many missions depend on it and it's bothering me a bit, but so far I'm enjoying the heck out of this game and alot of people know that I'm not easily impressed when it comes to video games. Please do yourself a favor and don't get the PC version. WB needs to get their shit together when it comes to PC ports

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
too much batmobile. not as good as city , not too sure about how it compares to asylum atm but deffo better than origins.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Just wondering if anyone got the new Batman game and how good it is?
I'm loving it. It's the same batman formula of the last 3 games, so if you were like me and skipped origins you'll go in almost fresh.

Loving that you get to play as different characters including
James Gordon, Harley Quinn, Red Hood, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and Azrael

Arkham Knight's identity was so goddamn obvious though. If you paid any attention to it you'll know who he is... many of us did months prior to the release of the game.

All in all it's a good game. The batmobile is pretty damn meh though.

I bought it on a whim because it's supposed to rain all weekend and I figured I'd be cooped up inside. Good to see it's actually a good game.

ruff321

Noob
the batmobile is really fun to play. The part where it stops being fun and start turning into an annoyance is when rocksteady decides to shove the batmobile down our throats with every chance they can get

If you are playing on PC, I would be careful. There are a lot of complaints about the PC version. As for the console version, it is a blast. I understand the batmobile part is annoying but you will get used to it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I made the mistake of buying it for PC day 1 -- the PC port is a total botch job. Warner Bros. has got to figure this out :coffee:

WATCHD0G

Noob
Loved everything....except something in the story. this is all i will say

oh and there could have been less of the tank

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'm just gonna be a big ol contrarian and say it's mediocre. Doesn't really improve the franchise, the level design isn't nearly as tight as asylum and city, not nearly enough stealth for me, bad AI, side missions are tedious, and a certain plot twist at the beginning really ruins the story for me.

It's more of the same. Kind of like Lego games. If you like arkham you'll like knight. It's still solid and I actually like the batmobile, mostly when it's a chase. Tank battles are pretty hectic at the end of the game.