What's new

[Apr 18, 2015] RM xSTRANGERx's Birthday Bash featuring Mortal Kombat X,... (Marlboro, New Jersey)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
EDIT: As per updates from RM xSTRANGERx and Shock, the cap has been lifted to sixty players and on-site registration is now available.

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1044156462266783/

Test Your Might is understandably impatient for the arrival of Mortal Kombat X, and we share in that excitement. So why not contribute to the plate with another event to occur at the time of its launch?

As leader of Ruthless Mayhem 2015 (or rather, one of the leaders), it is my greatest pleasure to announce that @RM xSTRANGERx's birthday happens on April 3rd, eleven days before the launch of MKX. But rather than him being the only one to receive his birthday gift, he believes in spreading the cheer around. For that reason, he is collaborating with @Shock from the Kombat Network crew to host an event centered only around Mortal Kombat X. This is scheduled for the 18th of April.

UPDATED: In addition to online pre-registration, on-site registration is now open. Still, we recommend you register online so as to have it out of the way. To do so, send in your payment to D Eviler Rivers at his Paypal account, which is [email protected].

Venue fee is $10, as is the game fee for MKX, so it will be $20 total to participate. All venue fees received will be forwarded to Kombat Network as our way of supporting their undying love for the NRS scene, while all MKX fees will contribute to the prize pot for the tournament.

Obviously, the tournament console will be the Playstation 4 (sorry to the Xbox One players).

As per the generosity of Shock, we have access to KN's venue at:

2 Timber Lane Unit 101
Marlboro, New Jersey, 07746

Doors will open at 11:00 A.M. Eastern. The event only ends once everyone departs. Additionally, a stream will be provided by the KN team at www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork.

Despite that the focus appears to be around RM and KN, everyone is welcome to participate no matter what team they are associated with. But please note that we currently have the cap set at sixty players, so if you want to participate, REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

We are very excited for this occasion and I hope you are as well. BRING ON MKX!

Any questions or concerns you have, please direct them to RM xSTRANGERx and/or Shock.

Last edited:
My bday is the 3rd of April. But for my bday.. All I wanted was to treat myself to a weekend at @DarthArma's house with a few guys, playing MKX when it drops. And it snowballed into us getting an actual event going?!? We'll be ordering up a shit ton of pizza and what not. And I can't wait to see all you guys there! Especially my RM guys!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My bday is the 3rd of April. But for my bday.. All I wanted was to treat myself to a weekend at @DarthArma's house with a few guys, playing MKX when it drops. And it snowballed into us getting an actual event going?!? We'll be ordering up a shit ton of pizza and what not. And I can't wait to see all you guys there! Especially my RM guys!
Edited. My apologies for the misinformation.

I was going to register, but I play on Xbox one. And I may be wrong, but there is no converter for Xbox one or preferably 360 to PS4. Sorry :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I was hoping for at least 10 or so prereg in the first few days but we only got confirms with no preregs. These events are just too small for prereg, cap is lifted for now but if the response gets around 60ish we really will have to hold off on more because space is limited since we don't have both warehouses anymore.