What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Anyone good willing to help me train?

Durango

Enhancer
I'm really not having a great time online right now. I get hit by the stupidest shit and randoms on ranked don't even have to 30% combo me. They just simply bait and punish and I keep falling for it.

Always losing meter, can't escape frametraps, and can't wakeup properly. If anyone's willing to help me out with pointers, it would be fantastic.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
If you have XB1 I would definitely be down, cause I need a sparring partner as well. But if youre not, then you can always PM me and we can talk tech and brainstorm :) my GT is Houndovhell btw :p

Durango

Enhancer
PS4. I'm really just looking for a few pointers on what I'm doing wrong and what I'm not using. Like, the Tom Brady Cryomancer combos don't even mention 111 or F122, yet someone recommended I use them.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Based on your profile u are in Georgia. I dont know how far you are from Atlanta but there are top level players there that might be able to assist.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Yoooo I'm in north georgia!!! my sub brotherrrr :D but anyways, why don't you record a few matches? or save them on your game and rewatch them, so you can point out what you're having trouble with and then working on it :) also, work with what combos you want to use. Tom doesnt use Cryomancer, so I wouldn't expect to read too much from him on that variation :p i have seen cryo's variant abilities used properly, and all you have to do is practice and have faith in yourself:)

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
In need of a partner that lives in the tri state areas! Jersey, New York and P.A
My gt is ChrisHadPads

Durango

Enhancer
I'm on PS4. When can you guys play? Welcome to add me on Skype: DurangoX4.

Yoooo I'm in north georgia!!! my sub brotherrrr :D but anyways, why don't you record a few matches? or save them on your game and rewatch them, so you can point out what you're having trouble with and then working on it :) also, work with what combos you want to use. Tom doesnt use Cryomancer, so I wouldn't expect to read too much from him on that variation :p i have seen cryo's variant abilities used properly, and all you have to do is practice and have faith in yourself:)
They're on my YouTube channel!

skater11

The saltiest
I main sonya and play a decent kung Lao. I'm in Texas but I'm willing to play anyone with an average connection. I'd really like to find someone who mains dvorah. But anyone would be fine. Xbox1: EnvyJayR

zee

Icy
I'm on PS4. When can you guys play? Welcome to add me on Skype: DurangoX4.

They're on my YouTube channel!

I haven't seen all your videos, but I can point out a couple things in this one.

0:13 and 0:20: Glance at Cage's frame data and see how much advantage his d3 is on hit. Lag being no factor, you have to either respect that advantage by blocking, or armor through it.

0:52: See him respect your d3 advantage. It wasn't enough to allow you to jump over him, but you could've started some offense with b1,2, etc.

1:15: Normal slide has no invincibility or armor. Only time it cleanly beats another (non-armored) attack is when your active frames catch the other attack in its startup frames. Use Ex ice burst or Ex slide for wake-ups only.

Durango

Enhancer
You guys can just add me on PSN and we can go from there too. I have the PS App on my phone, so it's easy for me to arrange.

Durango

Enhancer
I haven't seen all your videos, but I can point out a couple things in this one.

0:13 and 0:20: Glance at Cage's frame data and see how much advantage his d3 is on hit. Lag being no factor, you have to either respect that advantage by blocking, or armor through it.

0:52: See him respect your d3 advantage. It wasn't enough to allow you to jump over him, but you could've started some offense with b1,2, etc.

1:15: Normal slide has no invincibility or armor. Only time it beats another attack is when your active frames catch the other attack in its startup frames. Use Ex ice burst or Ex slide for wake-ups only.
Thanks. My main problem is that I get next to no meter as Cryo-Sub Zero. If there was a way around this, I would be much happier.

DSilv3R

Noob
Your doing no iceballs at all in general during the neutral game, you're going in instead of establishing a game plan.

In that JC vid you kept going for overhead even though it was blocked and punished accordingly. You needed to establish a low game by doing b33d4 more because he was stand blocking a lot. Even doing b33 into ex iceball would get him to think about blocking low next time. It's about training em into a situation and adapting to where your opponent is blocking.

And you kept whiff your jump punch attacks, use kick in those situations because it has better range.

I see a lot of people giving you advice on frames and what not..I watched that video..and your problem is that you keep pressing buttons in every mid/close range situation, whether you're waking up or recovering from a failed jump in...you never block. Start blocking instead of panicking and pressing buttons and you will see growth. You need to learn how to play neutral.