What's new

Question Anyone else having a hard time using Flash?

Briyen

Noob
Considering how strong zoning is in the game, having no projectile is pretty tough

his air attcks have bad range so im not sure how to compensate for that either, since jump ins are so strong

also his combo potential seems limited compared to other characters cause a lot of his attacks push them away; he seems heavily nerfed already (compared to old vids)

but ill keep sticking to him, cause he's the flash! :)

what do you guys think of him so far?

Shady

Noob
He has a speed force dodge which helps against zoning. His power helps him get in, and once he's in, he is a beast to deal with. No problems at all.

Briyen

Noob
He has a speed force dodge which helps against zoning. His power helps him get in, and once he's in, he is a beast to deal with. No problems at all.
why is he beast when he gets in? whats your tactic? can u explain

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
why is he beast when he gets in? whats your tactic? can u explain
i will be making a video of his vortex, this is the main tactic am using to get it, but use the 21 string, its fast and 0 on block, and throw also :) mix them up use f21 and d1d2 strings to keep them on there toes, the vortex is d1 lightning kick or f2 lightning kick, one is a low and the other is an overhead, so they have to guess everytime they get hit by LK because you are plus 15 on hit, it used to be plus 25, they should change it back so people dont jump out of my f2 :( video tutorial coming out tonight :)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I was going to main him cause flash is a badass!
but then he turned out to be terrible so it's all about Captain Marvel.

Briyen

Noob
i will be making a video of his vortex, this is the main tactic am using to get it, but use the 21 string, its fast and 0 on block, and throw also :) mix them up use f21 and d1d2 strings to keep them on there toes, the vortex is d1 lightning kick or f2 lightning kick, one is a low and the other is an overhead, so they have to guess everytime they get hit by LK because you are plus 15 on hit, it used to be plus 25, they should change it back so people dont jump out of my f2 :( video tutorial coming out tonight :)
im not sure you understand what a vortex is?, sounds like you are talking about just mixups:confused:

Zyphox

im not sure you understand what a vortex is?, sounds like you are talking about just mixups:confused:
lol okay ask anyone who knows what they are talking about, why is scorpion a vortex character? because you have to guess to get out, same thing here, if you are on point there is nothing your opponent can do, you are plus 15 on hit from lk kick, so d1 LK? okay now f2 LK, wait he block low, f2 is an overhead, then d1 LK, shit he blocked high now, not even armor will save you, VORTEX.

Briyen

Noob
lol okay ask anyone who knows what they are talking about, why is scorpion a vortex character? because you have to guess to get out, same thing here, if you are on point there is nothing your opponent can do, you are plus 15 on hit from lk kick, so d1 LK? okay now f2 LK, wait he block low, f2 is an overhead, then d1 LK, shit he blocked high now, not even armor will save you, VORTEX.
but the reason the vortex of scorpion is so good is because he is ending his combo into possibly another combo, LK ender doesnt put them into standing so wheres the vortex?

Zyphox

but the reason the vortex of scorpion is so good is because he is ending his combo into possibly another combo, LK ender doesnt put them into standing so wheres the vortex?
what lol go to practice mode and do a lighting kick, then comeback. i dont mean to troll but anything into lightning kick leaves you standing in a hit stun state, so d1d2LK leaves you standing and +15, f21LK leaves you standing and +15, your probably thinking LK MB pop up.....no just regular LK. its not the best vortex, but it is one trust me, i have got people rage quiting online, especially with the overhead, and if you want once you hitconfirm LK you can mb for full combo.

Briyen

Noob
what lol go to practice mode and do a lighting kick, then comeback. i dont mean to troll but anything into lightning kick leaves you standing in a hit stun state, so d1d2LK leaves you standing and +15, f21LK leaves you standing and +15, your probably thinking LK MB pop up.....no just regular LK. its not the best vortex, but it is one trust me, i have got people rage quiting online, especially with the overhead, and if you want once you hitconfirm LK you can mb for full combo.
i understand what you are saying and its not trolling if you are just telling me how it is, ill try it out

Zyphox

i understand what you are saying and its not trolling if you are just telling me how it is, ill try it out
the timing is strict when you hit LK then try to go for a f2 so it takes practice, and LK gives push back on hit so d1 alone wont hit you have to d1d2 and walk up a little when you hit LK.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Just got the game today and i started with flash. Any tips? What's his best strings, mixups, and just general strategy?

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
It is really too early to judge a characters tier in my opinion. I was spectating in a KOTH lobby and the rival was using Flash and lost horribly, then blamed it on the character and basically the whole lobby agreed with him. Then I went on a 9 win streak as the king in that lobby using only the flash, and by the time I left people said that the Flash was a scrub.