What's new

AA options for reptiles

Snips and I have discussed about this matter, we agreed reptile has great anti air such dash ,d4, ex fb, 2,and 1/d1. These are great, but the problem lies upon the cross over punch and kick. If you are fighting against jax and you d4 his cross over jump kick grab that is 16%. Dash could miss the direction and it comes out with 2, you get comboed. If you block his jump in punch, you would still get blowed up by mix ups. So cross over jump becomes a mix up of a mix up. And guess what? kl jump punch sometimes beats out d1, d4 alot too. And with jump kick if you are low enough it gives you massive frame adv, if its high then it seems like it gives 0 frame advantage (according to my eyes).

Im pretty sure every reptile has this problem with cross over jump punch/kick, so if you have any ideas post it here.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He's stuck with the generic jump back kick/punch and NJP.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Holding an EX forceball seems to work well despite requiring meter. Am I wrong? :p
Charging an EX slow FB is really his only means of a good AA, which is pretty lousy considering that requires meter. Sure, it works, and Reptile doesn't have that much trouble building meter; but when you look at characters such as Kung Lao, Ermac and JC who have great meterless AAs...well it's pretty shitty in comparison.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've asked this question before.No responses.

I find it really sh*tty considering online play is all I have.and what does it consists of? Assh*les who jump like the floor is f*cking lava.If only the input delay didn't exist.But a man can dream.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
THTB said it. pretty much it is NJP. I will sometimes do 2 if on the first one I read wrong and they don't jump. you don't want to do it all the time, of course, but mixing it in every once in a while can help make them think twice and hopefully keep them grounded.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
The problem with EX forceball is that you can get hit out of it unless you do it a bit early. You can be starting the animation, burn the meter, but then get slapped out of it. It sometimes is frustrating how Reptile has no armored moves besides slide which isn't great by any means. Truthfully the only crossover defense I have is elbow dashing away or D4ing. But the problem I've realized is that some characters such as Kung Lao can hit you out of D4. Crossover pressure and AA in general something I really need to work on because I feel like most top characters have amazing AA and I need to bring Reptile to that level of AA.

McNasty

Moist.
if standing 2 was just slightly faster 2 acid hand 2 ex acidhand 32 ffb 321 slide would be more than enough to stop a jumper in their tracks. for me its just a gamble with reptile do i try an ex forceball i can get hit out of or do I try and hit confirm the 2 acid hand loop still using meter but without having to burn the meter right away.

I will say though for some reason the hit box on his jump back kick is godlike. him and kenshi seem to have similar ones.

With ex fb can be a problem, it is 19 frame on start up ,waste meter, you kinda have to anticipate. Comparing to other top tier characters jax jab, kl spin, kitana ex fan lift (10 frame), kabal run, jc d1 into nut punch, raiden teleport with no directional input; Its really not that good of an option.

Online i have accidentally hit people out of cross over with standing 2 from time to time, I might have to try it out

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
For crossup punches I've been doing st.2 xx FFB or just a really fast EN FB.

The EN Forceball is probably the most consistent for me so far.

THTB

[MENTION=3199]CitizenSnips[/MENTION], it's possible to use d4 not to hit, but to force a JP whiff, where you can elbow the landing recovery.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
best reptile AA is double dash. Its free. The person jumping would need to recover from the jump and turn around. The dash back is guarenteed. For cross over jump punches just do the dash the opposite way to reset the situation, or ex slide for a little damage.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
best reptile AA is double dash. Its free. The person jumping would need to recover from the jump and turn around. The dash back is guarenteed. For cross over jump punches just do the dash the opposite way to reset the situation, or ex slide for a little damage.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this ONLY if the opponent throws a whiffed punch or kick? If they just jump over holding block, you're getting punished?

Aside from the double dash I use 2 into fastball (if caught high enough) 2 into slide or NJP. I've been experimenting distances and after certain strings 321 or 124 acid hand I immediately start walking backwards and once I see jump I do 32fastball. d4 into fastball is a great AA but I'm not very good at getting them to link.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
what happens if, by chance, a Reptile player just elbow dash or do Reptile slide, timing it in order to escape from a jump kick / jump punch ? Reptile can escape it, or just can be hit anyway ?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this ONLY if the opponent throws a whiffed punch or kick? If they just jump over holding block, you're getting punished?

Aside from the double dash I use 2 into fastball (if caught high enough) 2 into slide or NJP. I've been experimenting distances and after certain strings 321 or 124 acid hand I immediately start walking backwards and once I see jump I do 32fastball. d4 into fastball is a great AA but I'm not very good at getting them to link.
Glad you found a use for 32 fast FB, it's a nice AA at the right distance. Cross up wise, Rep really only has d1~slide and d4 though. d4 pretty much negates any attempt to jump in on him, period; while it doesn't net much damage it is effective so I suppose we shouldn't be too angry about the hand he's been dealt in that department.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
if they empty jump you can still punish with double dash, standing and crouching 1's are good for jump punches but theyll always lose to jump kick.. Just simply dash to reset the situation or double dash for guarenteed punish

THTB

Double dashing empty jumps is very unreliable. The window is extremely small at that point.

RapZiLLa54

Well my friend brought over a TE madcatz stick last night so I finally took the plunge and decided to give it a try. I finally have no problem linking lows into forceball. :) d4 into fastball is my AA of choice now and I can finally do it on reaction. Man stick takes some getting used to but glad I gave it a try.

Well my friend brought over a TE madcatz stick last night so I finally took the plunge and decided to give it a try. I finally have no problem linking lows into forceball. :) d4 into fastball is my AA of choice now and I can finally do it on reaction. Man stick takes some getting used to but glad I gave it a try.
Do you have to do the ex forceball though, or is it consistent with just normal fb

RapZiLLa54

Do you have to do the ex forceball though, or is it consistent with just normal fb
Its pretty consistent with regular forceball. Only time you'd have to use EX forceball is if you just got him before he hit the ground, d4 has a weird hitbox.

d4>>ffball>>32>>sfball>>321>>slide is 29%. Not bad at all.

Its pretty consistent with regular forceball. Only time you'd have to use EX forceball is if you just got him before he hit the ground, d4 has a weird hitbox.

d4>>ffball>>32>>sfball>>321>>slide is 29%. Not bad at all.
The motion is so awkward. Do you just do d4, bb3 normally or is there a trick that you do? Im using ps3 controller btw. (like how i do d4 acid hand, i do d4 b2)

RapZiLLa54

I can't do this on a pad at all. I'm trying to learn stick but so far its a no go as my defense is absolutely awful on stick lol(trigger finger for block and an actual block button is so different). On the stick all you do is diagonal- diagonal and plink 4 and 3. Shit is instant. I try this on the pad and I can get it 25% of the time which is a huge drop off from the 90% I can do this on stick.

Either my d pad is fading away because on the input screen when I do db as one touch it registers as down most of the time or this is just the simple advantage that stick has over pad.

I can't do this on a pad at all. I'm trying to learn stick but so far its a no go as my defense is absolutely awful on stick lol(trigger finger for block and an actual block button is so different). On the stick all you do is diagonal- diagonal and plink 4 and 3. Shit is instant. I try this on the pad and I can get it 25% of the time which is a huge drop off from the 90% I can do this on stick.

Either my d pad is fading away because on the input screen when I do db as one touch it registers as down most of the time or this is just the simple advantage that stick has over pad.
I think i got it on pad, heres the order (just like how you do acid hand). d,b,4,b,1 I pull it off 100% with this order. Ofcourse if you opponent block your fb, then you cant do it till you wait about 2 sec. So you can practice by alternating bw slow fb and fast fb

But with this input im not sure about using it for aa though, it seems inconsistent