What's new

A plea from the last KJ Ancestral player

rolz420zx

MindGamez
I will keep this short and sweet....

NRS PLEASE MAKE KUNG JINS (ANCESTRAL) AIR (DOWNWARD) ARROW AN OVERHEAD. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUFF ANYTHING ELSE JUST THAT I BELIEVE WOULD MAKE THIS CHARACTER VARIATION MORE VIABLE!!! ACTUALLY, WORTH USING AT ALL!!

Well and if you want to buff his damage that would be pretty awesome too!!!! lol We've seen a bunch of character variations get buffed and KJ Ancestral hasn't received anything.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
load arrows should work the same as they do for green arrow...really wanted to like this variation being a GA player

yeah buff kung jin... quick, before anyone understands how good low arrows are and that he gets a full combo from projectile trades.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
yeah buff kung jin... quick, before anyone understands how good low arrows are and that he gets a full combo from projectile trades.
Not necessarily. His stun arrows don't stun you for that long, if you traded a projectile with Kung Jin (especially full screen) by the time Kung Jin recovers from being hit by whatever projectile, his opponent would have already recovered from the stun.

But yeah I agree, Ancestral does need something. I would say make it so that when you load an arrow, it actually stays loaded and doesn't disappear (like Green Arrow in Injustice)

skater11

The saltiest
@FOREVER KING, I think kabelfritz is referring to low profiling high hitting projectiles into full combo. From full screen I believe you can still trade with most mid hitting projectiles though. You just gotta run into down, up max range NJP.

Edit: even then, I agree with OP. And maybe able to delay and run cancel his arrows. Though, that's probably asking for too much as he has a handful of option full screen and with added pressure he'd be really really good.

Last edited:

Nereus

Noob
IMO they could do two things with this variation:

1. Make his arrows act more like stocks rather than time stocks.

2. Give him a new move that allows him to convert into some good damage without needing arrows.

The problem with this variation is that whenever you get a stun arrow you go into *I NEED TO GET A HIT!* mode because his damage without stun arrows is horrible and once the arrow is gone you aren't even a threat at that point.