What's new

360 controller has lag at tournaments only?!

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I don't understand, but when I play at tournaments there is usually a stream and my xbox controller with an adapter *obviously on ps3* becomes very laggy and messes inputs up like crazy. At the most recent tournament I couldn't even do wakups and I would just eat another combo. I don't even know if I should call it lag, it's more like it isn't detecting parts of my inputs at all.

But the thing is I can play 100% on my home ps3 offline and online as I do with my 360...casuals with multiple systems feels a tiny bit iffy but I would say a 95% feel, but why is it when I play on a stream or there are 4+ setups my controller seems to just act weird as hell?! It's definitely not nerves because I'm playing as I normally would and the controller just isn't reacting.

What is the science behind my controller acting like this?! I'm thinking about getting a 360 pad dual modded because I honestly felt the same thing a bit when I used an etokki converter.

EDIT:
I play on an Asus monitor at home and at tournaments.

AssassiN

Noob
Do you turn vibrations off?
When I keep the vibrations on when using my converter it messes up my inputs too and sometimes the left d-pad sticks.

Good thing about PS3 is you can turn it off for your own controller if you hold down the home button.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Do you play on a lagless monitor at home? Asus monitors tend to feel "laggy" when you're not used to them.

This assuming the tournaments you went to use Asus monitors lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Do you turn vibrations off?
When I keep the vibrations on when using my converter it messes up my inputs too and sometimes the left d-pad sticks.

Good thing about PS3 is you can turn it off for your own controller if you hold down the home button.
I have not tried this, but I will soon. I can't even remember if my own ps3 vibrations are off or not...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't understand, but when I play at tournaments there is usually a stream and my xbox controller with an adapter *obviously on ps3* becomes very laggy and messes inputs up like crazy. At the most recent tournament I couldn't even do wakups and I would just eat another combo. I don't even know if I should call it lag, it's more like it isn't detecting parts of my inputs at all.

But the thing is I can play 100% on my home ps3 offline and online as I do with my 360...casuals with multiple systems feels a tiny bit iffy but I would say a 95% feel, but why is it when I play on a stream or there are 4+ setups my controller seems to just act weird as hell?! It's definitely not nerves because I'm playing as I normally would and the controller just isn't reacting.

What is the science behind my controller acting like this?! I'm thinking about getting a 360 pad dual modded because I honestly felt the same thing a bit when I used an etokki converter.
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. I've been using 360 -> Ps3 converter since the beginning of MK9, theres a noticable difference compared to playing on just an xbox.

I feel like it effects the fluidity of my gameplay if I don't get time to get used to it.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Do you play on a lagless monitor at home? Asus monitors tend to feel "laggy" when you're not used to them.

Yes I do use an ASUS, but this has happened on both an ASUS and BENQ.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

This. Its not an easy transition all the time.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. I've been using 360 -> Ps3 converter since the beginning of MK9, theres a noticable difference compared to playing on just an xbox.

I feel like it effects the fluidity of my gameplay if I don't get time to get used to it.
There is a tiny bit, but this only happens when there are multiple systems running which I can't think of a logical reason why it would cause a wired adapter and controller to react differently. At home it feels completely normal in training and online.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
This. Its not an easy transition all the time.
I play on an Asus, the evo monitor.

For example offline and online I land a d1 smokebomb, but in tournaments the d1 NEVER comes out. I'm doing my inputs at the same exact speed as I do in casuals before the tournament.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
The sad thing is in the past when I've asked people to try my controller to see if they felt it to they would just see it was a 360 controller and not want to touch it. My 360 controller has a evil dpad though so the d-pad is 4 separate buttons.

I know it's not in my head and it must be something controller related....it just drives me crazy and discourages me to travel.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
For example I think in most of my tournament matches I rarely get d1 smokebomb to come out, instead it's just a smoke bomb and it drives me crazy. I'm pressing d1!!!!!

I even bought a stick since a qanba is dual modded and I absolutely hated the stick...