What's new

Question 1 Meter bnb execution issue

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
Ok, so I chose Doomsday pre-release to be my main. I am trying quite hard, and doing well enough at my local casuals.
However, one Black Adam and one Grundy player sneeze out 40-55% combos- So albeit I have and do win, it's a up hill battle.

A huge part of my issues stem from execution error. Without meter or a background bounce interact damage is super low(we all know that already)

Now the real question, and purpose to this thread.

Mid screen combo JiD3,3,MB ES,B3,Ji3,22~DF3 40 some odd percent...

I've landed it a few times... never in a real match, or even a vs pc match yet. My issue here is the Back+3 universal launcher after meter burn earth shake.
For me, it will either not come out at all or come out late >.> Is this timing just super strict? Is there a trick to doing it I missed? A audio or visual queue that helps with timing this B+3?

Seriously, it's easier to time a B+3 off of a background bounce than this... and it feels like the window on (atlantis throne) back ground bouncing would be shorter.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
use down+2 between Ex Earth shaker and the wall bounceit will launch the opponent even higher in the air... it isn't necessary but it makes the combo easier at the cost of 2-3%

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
wouldn't qcb or qcf + 3 = venom, or the air variant- not a back or forward launcher?
Oh wow! good catch!
Yes, you're right!

so in this case, if you were to do a typical string

and you wanted to cancel it into a B or F+3,
you would do qcf or qcb + MB (not 3)

press 2, 2 and then do a qcb + MB and you'll get the combo!:cool:

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
somebody uploaded this
this is exactly what it should look like.

right after that down+2
you'll juggle into back+3

again; it's not necessary, but it makes the link much easier
and only scales the combo 2-3%

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
somebody uploaded this
this is exactly what it should look like.
snip
right after that down+2
you'll juggle into back+3

again; it's not necessary, but it makes the link much easier
and only scales the combo 2-3%

Gave that a try, i can see how it could become easier, however the d+2 was making my brain itch since ive been pushing b+3 alone in the combo.
I guess i just really need to nail that timing.

At the very least I can meterless with background bounce for the 30% range and untechable knock down

Vahfy

Noob
I had this same issue. It seems like a distance thing. If you're too close, the opponent doesn't pop up high enough for the B3, but too far and the DF2 whiffs. Getting the B3 consistently feels almost impossible without a set up to get that sweet spot.

Adding D2 is your best bet, though the timing is still tight on the B3....

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you use D2 after EM ES, B3 can be connected much much easier, but at the cost of scaling though. D2 scales horribly with all of DD's combos, cause it enables to more easily connect a bounce move afterwards probably. Now as for the MU vs Grundy, if you use your trait wisely you pretty much destroy Grundy. Much of his normals have really shitty recovery frames and you can easily punish them afterwards with a full combo, while your trait is on. Same applies for his special move as well ofc.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
sorry, This is no longer a important thread. DD is going to have to be relegated to a tertiary toon for me.
I strongly feel that DD is gimp. super gimp even. Untill something gets balanced with him he wont stay competitive for long, if he even still is.