What's new

Li Mei - Kameo Choice Discussion Thread

Wigy

There it is...
Actually testing this… seems to be some kind of block on this. Worked in theory but when you buffer the D+K to catch delay wakeup it wont let you combo off Ex-dbf4 with U+K after?

dont know if anyone else wants to test it but it seemed to be totally blocked.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Actually testing this… seems to be some kind of block on this. Worked in theory but when you buffer the D+K to catch delay wakeup it wont let you combo off Ex-dbf4 with U+K after?

dont know if anyone else wants to test it but it seemed to be totally blocked.
Might be because he still hasn’t technically left the screen yet.

Wigy

There it is...
Might be because he still hasn’t technically left the screen yet.
nope- he doesnt come out if they dont delay wakeup. He was never on screen, that was the point of the setup. D+K comes out as an OS in case they delay wakeup.

Its some kind of bug/failsafe NRS has put in for some reason. Can try it yourself

rifraf

Noob
Mavado got "normalised" and is ready for Combo Breaker this weekend :D

Jokes aside, I still think the kameo gives impressive utility to characters and still worth the 100hp hit. His pushblock sucks though, but I think it's intentional since it feels... experimental.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Mavado got "normalised" and is ready for Combo Breaker this weekend :D

Jokes aside, I still think the kameo gives impressive utility to characters and still worth the 100hp hit. His pushblock sucks though, but I think it's intentional since it feels... experimental.
How much is the damage nerf? Is she still hitting 42%+ for 1bar+kameo midscreen and 45%+ for 1 bar+kameo in the corner?

If so, I still think he’s really good for her.

Really the benefit of him above Janet is the plus frames from b+kameo, and the full screen presence of b+k against someone like peacemaker. The health sacrifice, and Janet being more available for throw combos make the decision between the two a bit of a toss up.

rifraf

Noob
How much is the damage nerf?
Like 2% less on average across the board than what she used to do with him. Utility hasn't been touched at all. I think there are clear reasons to pick Janet over Mavado for Li Mei now and vice versa, or even Scorpion but he does seems to be quite weak right now. Like, his overall utility is very low. His rope is useless in this game, and his dmg output could use a tiny bit of a bump tbh.