What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Definitely get some Griffith vibes from him and Marika both, Marika more so with her appearance and Miquella thematically. With the egg thing in the Mohg arena being somewhat similar to Femto’s egg, as well as the way people talk about him giving me vibes of Griffith’s return and the hawk of light stuff.

Griffith is very similar to the anti-Christ from the Bible, so I don’t think From is ripping anyone off, it’s a fairly common character type.
Agreed on the Marika part. Just to clarify, I'm not implying From is ripping off Griffith, it's just that Miyazaki is a fan of Berserk and the Souls games are full of little nods to that universe. It wouldnt surprise me if Miquella ends up having a femto-like second phase in a boss fight or something, and I'd love that.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Agreed on the Marika part. Just to clarify, I'm not implying From is ripping off Griffith, it's just that Miyazaki is a fan of Berserk and the Souls games are full of little nods to that universe. It wouldnt surprise me if Miquella ends up having a femto-like second phase in a boss fight or something, and I'd love that.
I hear you, some kind of symbolic equivalent of Griffith’s rebirth for when Miquella comes back on the scene

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Miquella looks so creepy, can’t wait to fight him and explore the new map.

Excited to try out whatever new weapons are there, this is sure to be their biggest expansion yet.
I'll be genuinely shocked if we end up having to fight Miquella. It really does seem this is going to be us working with Miquella's followers to fight against Messmer and whatever other horrors await us in the Shadowlands.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'll be genuinely shocked if we end up having to fight Miquella. It really does seem this is going to be us working with Miquella's followers to fight against Messmer and whatever other horrors await us in the Shadowlands.
I kinda hope they subvert it, seems too obvious

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Doing my first melee only no summons basic knight run, or at least will till I get bored and want to use a special weapon and respec, but I’ve just been rolling with the standard longsword the vagabond starts with. The weapon art is a lot of fun, staggering bosses in like 3 hits off the R2. The basic R1 combo is pretty reliable too.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Doing my first melee only no summons basic knight run, or at least will till I get bored and want to use a special weapon and respec, but I’ve just been rolling with the standard longsword the vagabond starts with. The weapon art is a lot of fun, staggering bosses in like 3 hits off the R2. The basic R1 combo is pretty reliable too.
Nice! And yeah “Square Off”, the Longsword AoW, is extremely good in PvE.